Autumn wedding ideas

Hi,

I am having an autumn wedding on 25/10/08 and thought i would share some ideas with you and perhaps get some in return.

For table decorations i am colllecting jam jars of all different sizes and decoration them with brown ribbon, they will then be used as tea light holders and vases for simple flowers. I am also decorating each place setting with a large dried autumn leave and brown ribbon. As a table number im using a simple wooden spoon with the number written on it.

As the theme is autumn im using lots of reds, browns and oranges to decorate.

I would love it if you could share your ideas.

xcx

• LiLiukLiLiuk Posts: 1,548
    Im getting married the same day because its the last day of summer so im having a 'late summer vs autumn theme' with dark pinks, reds and oranges and a theme of raspberry and roses, mixing in herbs and ivy everywhere. I love this time of year. Clear skies, sunshine and crisp cool air.
  • I am getting married on 13th October this year, we are having toffee apples as favours as they are autumn-inspired.

I know someone who booked our venue previously for an autumn wedding had pumpkins filled with seasonal autumnal flowers as centrepieces, I thought that was really cute.
  • Am definitely having autumn flowers with a red, brown, dark green scheme and hopefully some autumn foliage! Am torn between brown or taupe bridesmaids dresses. Not having favours as no wedding I've ever been to has had them so spending my money elsewhere!
  • ooh! so excited to find some more autumn brides

we're going for an autumn theme too with chocolate brown bridesmaid dresses (if i can find some) and we're going to use Moo to print all our own wedding stationery - off to take the photos of autumn leaves for it this weekend! don't think i'm going to bother with favours either as they're expensive but i completely LOVE your jam jar idea 2bsmart! it's genius! i was wondering about getting the future mother in law to patchwork a table runner for the top table in my colours in a leaf pattern as she loves patchwork and i'm trying to think of ways to involve her

have been looking on www.etsy.com and have found some amazing pieces of jewelery featuring autumn leaves, am either going to get a giant necklace or some hair combs in an autumn theme...

love the toffee apple idea - we're going for a hog roast in the evening, and if my H2B had anything to do with it the string quartet would play "autumn days" - that old song we used to sing as kids in school!
  • hi autumn brides! I'm gettng married in 6wks on 5th Nov. I've gone for an elegant autumn theme with colours of ivory, gold and a dusky berry red for the bm. Rathe than over accesorise the theme i'm gonna let the setting work its magic as we've chosen a hotel in the lake district and the colours up there are just amazing. for the evening we've got a rustic pub with beams and cozy fire.