Forum home Receptions

Bands for Inverness wedding???

Hey does anyone know off or had a good band at there wedding that they would recommend that payed a mix or traditional scottich dances, cheesy stuff and upto date stuff, have no idea where to start with this and mixed opinions on whether to go for band or disco, all suggestions be much appreciated.:\?

• I've been to see a band called the jigsaw duo, they are online so you can google them. They do celidh (one plays an accordian) and the did a load of other music from older well known stuff to more modern stuff. Theres only 2 of them though and the use drum machine as backing, h2b and I will most likely be booking them as they were pretty good. Hope this helps x
  • We just got married in Strathpeffer and used Callanish who were AMAZING! Everyone has said how good they were and the dancefloor was packed all night. They did about 4 ceilidh songs in total, mixed in with modern stuff, and they even learned our first dance song from scratch for us. They are 1300 for 4 hours, plus accommodation, which was another 180.
  • EmmaRdotEmmaRdot Posts: 583
    Try the Anne Dickson band - they are really good, they're from carrbridge
  • BABS1978BABS1978 Posts: 209
    Thanks girls for that much appriciated, will have look into them.
  • jenfrajenfra Posts: 119
    We've been looking for a band for a while now but haven't yet booked. My fiance wants to get Wood n Stone from Easter Ross as he's heard them heaps and think's they're fab.

Rhythm n Reel are always guaranteed to get the party going. You should check out Johnny Foxes website and see what bands they have as you can always go and have a listen to them there.

Hunky Dory are really good, they do a fab version of chasing cars!!!

Good luck xxx