Forum home Receptions

Colour Theme For Venue Help!

Hi everyone

Just booked the reception last night and now confused as to what colour scheme I should have.

I was hoping for chocolate and ivory but realised the venue provides black table cloths and black chair covers which won't go with the chocolate.

Not sure what to do because Ive seen gorgeous invites and bridesmaid dresses for the chocolate and ivory theme.

Your help would be appreciated as to what colour theme I could go for now (its a summer wedding) x

• Pipsyuk1Pipsyuk1 Posts: 766
    Thats very odd for a venue to supply black as standard do they not provide an alternative of white/ivory at no extra cost??

If they do charge how much would it be for the table cloths? could you not leave the chair covers off too or change them to white/ivory

xx
  • romi-jromi-j Posts: 70
    Sorry should have been more clear.

They provide white table cloths for the wedding breakfast but for the evening reception they change it to black table cloths with black chair covers and 6ft candelabras.

I suppose I could ask for the white table cloths to be kept for the evening also but after seeing the venue decorated with the black linen for a wedding I quite liked it!

Only problem is if I get the brown and cream theme for the day, it will have to be removed for the evening reception as brown and black doesnt go.

xxx
  • Pipsyuk1Pipsyuk1 Posts: 766
    Hmmm, no it doesnt. Although you liked the look of the black on the evening id be tempted to ask them if they'd dress the room in white again for the evening after all it is a tiny part of the day and your colour scheme which is much more important will be much more limited with the black.

If you really want the black why not change your colour scheme how about going for green or pink or purple with black incorporated

Good luck, let us know what you decide xx
  • Have you thought about black and white for your colour theme. (That is my choice). For my bridesmaids I have thought about teal, which goes. My wedding is in september.

I think black and white would look sophisticated and it is becoming more popular, ive seen it a lot in the bridal magazines.

Another idea if you decide on black and white is you could theme your guests also and have dress code, black tie?

Good luck x
  • romi-jromi-j Posts: 70
    Quoted:
    Have you thought about black and white for your colour theme. (That is my choice). For my bridesmaids I have thought about teal, which goes. My wedding is in september.

I think black and white would look sophisticated and it is becoming more popular, ive seen it a lot in the bridal magazines.

Another idea if you decide on black and white is you could theme your guests also and have dress code, black tie?

Good luck x

Thanks for the replies girls.

I have actually thought about the black and white them or white and silver possibly.

Its just hard when you think you've decided something and researched then you need to change it!

I like the idea of glass small cube vases or mirrored vases with cream roses and tea lights round it for the centerpiece. This would go with black and white cloths.

Suppose I still have plenty of time to plan image xxx
  • If you really want the brown & Ivory (same as I am having - good choice) then ask them to put the white out. You can still like the idea of the black without having it.