Black & Wedding Theme

I am getting married next year back home in South Africa and my wedding theme is going to be Black & White, however when it comes to table settings and centrepieces I am completly stuck, I want to keep is simple yet stylish.

Does anyone have some ideas for me? bearing in mind that most of the stuff will have to be sourced from SA as I can't take a lot of stuff over with me.

Also any ideas on were to get wedding dresses with some accent of black on it at less than £500???

Thanks

Kelly

• ktaukktauk Posts: 65
    I'm going for black and white aswell! I am looking at white Roses and black Cala Lillies with some grasses in glass vases, I am considering using mirrors and tea lights aswell. The table linen will be white so have thought of black table runners and black ribbon around the napkins. You could also consider having balloons for a centre piece and maybe black and white sweets as your favours?

The only thing I cant help you will is the dress as I have gone for plain Ivory - sorry
  • deecydeecy Posts: 7,493

Some more pics HERE
  • Hiya

I love the black and white look, you have been given some great ideas!

If you look on my gallery www.otm-weddings.co.uk I have a few pictures of a marquee themed in black and white for a wedding I did back in March, it looked absolutely fantastic.image

Hope this gives you some inspiration.

Its also worth thinking about using lots of different textures like satin material, ribbon or chiffon if its a summer wedding and velvet for autumn and winter. It just helps to bring the wedding details to life seeing as you are only using 2 colours.

Re: dress, are you having any bridesmaids and if so are they wearing black? What about your lovely groom? Are you wanting some black embroidery detail/crystal detail etc, maybe something with a black flower corsage. If you want a cool contemporary look then this will look stunnning, but if you want to stick to a more traditional theme, it may be worth playing safe with ivory/white and then adding black accessories to your flowers or headdress.

Sorry waffling now as so much to talk about!image

claire

[Modified by: Yorkshire Planner on December 21, 2007 06:35 PM]
  • my friend got married in October and had a black and white theme. For her tables she brough some gorgeous vases from Ikea and filled them with black craft sand and put flowers in them and steam of led lights and white feather. it look very simple and cost effective too, she only spent 100.00, i know your marrying which makes it a little harder but just keep searching the net something will pop up and grab your attention. i'm having the same trouble as i am getting married in cyprus and the luggage allowance wont allow. who knows it is probably going to be cheaper for you,
  • Fab theme! Deecy... Where are those favour boxes from?? I love them!

Hxx
  • I know I sound like I am getting commission when I keep going on about them (although I am not sadly!) but try Jewlz Bridal - they can do ANY colours you want - my dress only cost £225!!!
  • Lots of inspiration thatnks yorkshire planner. I too am having a black and white theme this Aug - chiffon Bm's and my own dress just plain ivory but I must admit I was getting worried that it would look boring and sombre like??? Any piccies or more advice, feedback ob B &W themes would be very much appreciated guys - I have no ideas at this point!!! x