Forum home Receptions

What kind of cake is everyone having x

Hi my mums making my cake and she is brill at it. Im having three layers and the cake toppe is a shoe made out of (icing) roses and leaves and it is stunning.

There is pale pink roses and ivy all made out of icing running all over the cake . what do you think???????

• ShimmsieShimmsie Posts: 568
    Sounds wonderful. We were going to have cheesecake so that we can serve it as dessert. We are undecided. However, we definitely don't want a traditional cake so we have 4 months to make up our minds!!

Do you have any pictures of what it may look like?
  • zepherukzepheruk Posts: 436
    Hi i dont have a pic yet ut as soon as i do i will post it xxxxx
  • ImpatientUKImpatientUK Posts: 1,660
    this is our cake - the one on the right hand side.

http://www.specialdayscakes.co.uk/modern-wedding-cakes6-5.html
  • I'm thinking of making my own but if my trial runs dont work then i'll reconsider!!!

Going for three round tiers with the bottom one being fruit and the next two being sponge. Having it very plain with ribbon around each tier. Something like the little pic under my screen name i think.

Have you had any quites for cakes yet?? xx
  • we are having indivdual cakes and then a small top cake to cut. they will all have blue icing and silver ribbion around them. on the top cake it will be white icing and having calla lillie and hydrangra flowers in icing on it.

all the indiviual cakes will be sponge and the top one traditional fruit.

your cakes sound lovely image
  • Hello all

aww your lucky and i bet your mum is v.pleased she can contribute by making your cake, it sounds very yummy

were having 300 cupcakes in a tower instead image

xx
  • Zepher you're cake sounds lovely. Wish my mum was as creative!

Due to H2B being a HUGE chocoholic I'm having the cake on my aviator. Thought we should have something that represents him!! Also we're having a sweet station for me so it's only fair!!
  • ShivyukShivyuk Posts: 687
    We're getting married abroad and will having an evening reception when we get back. We're not getting married for a few years but we're hoping to have individual fruit tarts from somewhere like Druckers (http://www.druckers.co.uk/default.htm when you load the page a strawberry tart loads, thats the type we want) in a variation of strawberry, raspberry and mixed fruit. Something a bit different and a lot of people like fruit tarts an we certainly do. It's also something tropical looking and as we're looking to marry in Mauritius I think it goes well :\)

Shiv
  • alib69alib69 Posts: 147
    Quoted:
    we are having indivdual cakes and then a small top cake to cut. they will all have blue icing and silver ribbion around them. on the top cake it will be white icing and having calla lillie and hydrangra flowers in icing on it.

all the indiviual cakes will be sponge and the top one traditional fruit.

your cakes sound lovely image

Ooh Mrs P 2B, that sounds fab! Our colour scheme is blue and silver and I am trying to decide whether to have tiered cakes, or cupcakes. Don't suppose I could be cheeky and ask if you have a photo of the kind of thing you're having?

Alex x
  • tt25777tt25777 Posts: 2,239
    H2B loved fruit cake, so it will be a white 3 tier stacked fruit cake, with a vanilla sponge cutting bar for people who don;t like fruit cake. I love the M&S pearl cake, so will probably go for that, and it's half the price of some of the quotes I've had, and then add a few bright pink gerberas:

http://www.marksandspencer.com/gp/browse.html/ref=sc_bb_c_1_44311030_57?ie=UTF8&node=51458031&no=44311030&mnSBrand=core&me=A2BO0OYVBKIQJM
  • we're having a "feather cake" my h2b found it on line and set his heart on it! i must admit the pictures dont do it justice. The tips of the cake are covered in a very pale pink edible glitter that catches the light. We're having chocolate ganache and lemon drizzle layers x

http://www.cakes4fun.co.uk/html/feather-wedding-cakes.html
  • jules-rulesjules-rules Posts: 7,025 New bride
    loving the cake flowerfairy. got me thinking now!!!! jules x
  • Hi Flower Fairy, been keeping my eye out for your this evening....you made it, welcome to being a Bridezilla.

That cake shop is near my house....I look in the window every time I pass.
  • flower fairy, we're having the same cake! h2b chose it too!! Same flavours too! However, we're having graduated coloured glitter from reds to orange to gold and having butterflies or dragonflies if possible around it. They are so nice in that shop.

That's for the March ceremony. For the religious ceremony abroad 1 month later, having the green stripy cake with white flowers (10th one 1 think) sort of copied as fell in love with it.

http://www.peggyporschen.com/WeddingCakes.htm

xx
  • what is it with h2b's and feather cakes?! thats so nice to hear that someone else is having one too, usually its met with a puzzled expression! Are you gonna change your cake jules-rules? join us! join the feather cake gang! Hi flipflops! i cant believe you live near cakes4fun, its such a small world! you were probably standing near out car when we got a parking ticket! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Loving everyones cakes. Just don't think they would make it to Thailand so we'll stick with the cake they're making for us. It's chocolate so I am happy.

They are hot round there with parking tickets....poor you, I've had loads. Even one minute late and they get you.

• I love your cake Mrs F 2b. Thats the style we like but would our theme is red roses and it may look a complete different cake.
  • tuppenceuktuppenceuk Posts: 5,346
    chocolate brownie (and white chocolate brownie!!) cupcakes, iced white with red roses.

And a fruit vake for cutting and cos h2b likes fruit cake (I like cupcakes!)
  • PixlePixle Posts: 70
    My bridesmaid's sister is making ours! A 3 tiered cake, on a spiral cake stand. Chocolate all the way! With chocolate cigarellos around the outsides, with extra choc truffles on top!! We'll serve this cake out during the evening buffet.
  • zepherukzepheruk Posts: 436
    I cant beleive how lovely the feather cake is and the chocolatecake that cleavage is having is stunning yummy x
  • whancockwhancock Posts: 158
    I can't believe that feather cake. My H2B took one look at it and said I want that cake! The problem is we are getting married in Jersey and his Grandmother is kindly buting the cake for us!

Perhaps I could get a baker to make a replicar....?
  • h2bs and that feather cake!!! x
  • oh my god! its a feather cake revolution!! x
  • we are having a 5 tier cake, bottom layer is fruit, the next 2 layers are chocolate with a baileys filling and the top 2 are chocolate with a praline filling. the whole cake is covered with white chocolate roses! its the most gorgeous cake i have ever seen!