Average price hiring a marquee?

Hi guys,

I just want an idea really. We're not getting married until 2010 but I am just trying to get an idea of costs for our 'party' as we're getting married in Mauritius but will be having a party when we get back.

I have found somewhere literally 5 minutes from my house where we can hire the grounds and have a marquee put up and order in all of the facilities (i.e. hog roast, other catering, toilets etc) and it is just beautiful. Am so excited as it means a fair few people coming can stay in my house as its only down the road!

One thing though - I have no idea how much it costs to hire a marquee. Will have the following:

* between 50-100 guests

*a dance floor

* fairy lighting in the roof

* tables & chairs (probably about 11 tables if 100ppl)

* tables for food

This isn't a full blown reception, more just a party so basically just need somewhere to sit, eat and dance.

Can anyone give me an APPROXIMATE cost of something like the above? I will contact the companies but as I am not getting married for so long I don't want them to harass me.

Thanks in advance

Shiv

• We are having a marquee, ours is costing £4500 including toilets and all tables, lights, dancefloor and generator as we don't have any power on site. Hope this helps a bit.
  • ShivyukShivyuk Posts: 687
    Quoted:
    We are having a marquee, ours is costing £4500 including toilets and all tables, lights, dancefloor and generator as we don't have any power on site. Hope this helps a bit.

Thank you so much! Thats give me a good idea of how much I'll be expecting to pay. Blimey its all mounting up eeeeekk!
  • Hi Shivy

I love marquee weddings as you get a blank canvas to basically create your own personal venue which is fab! Unfortunately, it can become quite costly if you start adding in all the extras. I would say it could easily be from £2k upwards considering how many guests you have, this means also that it will cost more for furniture. I would say that you need to be very tight with your budget as it is so easy to start adding on costs; for example a company may offer you a certain type of chair in the quote and you may decide you want another one which could cost £4 each, multiply this by 100 and you have already sent £400 on chairs alone!! Make sure you have good flooring, lining and heating (if needed) once the staples are in and look good you cant really go wrong.

I would advise that you obtain at least 3 quotes to get a good guage, (a bit of time needed with this) and maybe see if the same marquee company can provide all the other facilities such as toilets as this may help to cut a little of the costs. I also wouldnt be too concerned that your wedding is too far away, if you want a quote to start planning your day just give them a ring and explain that you need a good estimate to work from. If they are a good company, i'm sure they will oblige.

Hope this helps and good luck with your planning!

Claire;\)