Forum home Archived Same-Sex Civil Partnerships

On a Bicycle Built for Two

Hi, Awfully quiet on this part of the board... Surely I can't be the only one planning a CP at the moment? Anyways, not sure if anyone has seen this, but this blog is giving me loads of inspiration for two dress weddings - http://www.onabicyclebuiltfortwo.com/ Is there anyone doing a two dress wedding? Thanks, Gracie x

• Hello,

Yes me and my partner are having a CP next year both wearing dresses. the website was great thanks for posting.

When are you getting married? I have officially turned into bridezilla i spend so much time looking at wedding things! please tell me i am not alone on this one...Amanda x

• Yay! image Glad to see I'm not alone here image

We've not set a date yet, but we're looking at Summer 2014 and hopefully in the next couple of weeks we'll book the venue - Eeek!

You're the not the only one at all! After I went through all of 'On a Bicycle Built for Two', I read back through a hefty chunk of Rock my Wedding image I think I'm boring the guys at work to death with my wedding talk.

How is your planning going? Have you decided on much yet?

• Well i thought i was doing so well but after reading alot of posts from people i dont feel i have sorted out much. 

We are getting married september 19th 2013 so just over a year away.

We deceided to get married in the town hall which is very pretty which saves us the registrar fees and the venue is at a country house but marquee in the garden it is beautiful.

We both have our dresses, rings, sorted the photographer, music is still on the fence of who were going with. Favors are kind of sorted.

I am going for the shabby chic theme so i have brought a few things in the last few months to go around the venue but that is it. My friend is making the cake as we want very simple.

I know im completly boring my friends at work about it too...

Have you thought about much what colour your going for, have you been dress shopping? What kind of venue?

Are your family being supportive about it all?

x

This is our style...

The cake...

so a rough idea of what were having....x

• Well i thought i was doing so well but after reading alot of posts from people i dont feel i have sorted out much. 

We are getting married september 19th 2013 so just over a year away.

We deceided to get married in the town hall which is very pretty which saves us the registrar fees and the venue is at a country house but marquee in the garden it is beautiful.

We both have our dresses, rings, sorted the photographer, music is still on the fence of who were going with. Favors are kind of sorted.

I am going for the shabby chic theme so i have brought a few things in the last few months to go around the venue but that is it. My friend is making the cake as we want very simple.

I know im completly boring my friends at work about it too...

Have you thought about much what colour your going for, have you been dress shopping? What kind of venue?

Are your family being supportive about it all?

x

• We are having a CP too although neither of us are wearing dresses! We get married in 71 days! Our registrar made us remove all references to marriage from our ceremony but did agree that we could be called wife and wife.

Would love to share some planning stories!

• Awwww fab! You've done loads! I love the style that you're going for, that'll look fab the country house setting image Lov the pic with the candles, centre pieces like that would be lovely image

We've not settled on much yet, apart from the venue which we need to go and get booked. I've pretty much been banned by the missus from buying anything for the wedding until we reach the one year until the wedding mark. Something about me changing my mind between then and now? Lol

I've been playing about on pinterest though and I really like purples and she likes blues, so hopefully we can tie that in with some dusky pinks for our colours. I'm deffo wearing a dress but my w2b is swaying between them and a suit. She's not sure what to go for, I've just told her to wear whatever she feels comfortable in image

The venue is most likely going to be a hotel, it's not looking great at the moment but it's just gone under new management and will be a 4* by the time we tie the knot image

Our families have been as good as can be expected. I don't have a lot of contact with my parents and sisters, but my grandparents and aunt and uncle have been wonderful. My youngest cousin is so very excited to be a bridesmaid image How about you? Did you have any problems?

Orange - Thats so close! You must be really excited! How is your planning going? If you're not wearing dresses what are you going for trouser or skirt suits?
  • At least you know by the time you get married the hotel would of had this lovely transformation and it would be fresh.

I think that you can buy little things here and there as if its something you love you know you will still love it in a years time....

I love little children they get so excited about weddings but im just hoping that they dont scream throughout the day. 

Purple and blue goes together really nicely. I cant wait to pick out the flowers. 

Thats exactly what i said to my partner wear what you feel comfortable in and she really surprised me and choose her dress before me. Im sure your w2b will know when she knows and you can get some really nice fitted suits. Have you tried on dresses yet or are you waiting for the year mark.

We have just over a year and i cant stop but buy things im too inpatient image

Orange... how exciting not long at all until you get married how are you feeling about it? are you prepared!

xx

• Gorgeous flowers! Hey- it's your wedding day- you're only going to do it once so I think you've a right to bore colleagues to tears over it! I know I did!

Great blog- off to have a proper nosy now!
  • I love on a bicycle built for two! I used it when planning last year, and they should be featuring one of my shoots soon - so excited!! http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151447106957754.556388.290683672753&type=3 are some of the photographs they are going to feature, can't wait! 

• Awwww fantastic!!! I check it religiously every day for updates! Such an inspiration for trying to get two dresses complimenting each other image
  • Ah definitely! Or if you don't want to see each others, have a couple of friends look at them side by side (pref in person but could be on photo!)  to check they compliment each other! There was a 2-dress wedding on I think it was Rock My Wedding blog recently and it was so beautiful I had a cry reading it! 

• Oh I saw that!! I was exactly the same!!! Only I was on a train to work, I must have looked like a right crazy woman haha

Good idea tho about comparing the photos, I'll have to get our maids of honours on the job image