What to do?!?!

Hi brides 2 be and grooms of course.!! well i have registered as so far i have picked up some really good tips. I am getting married 16th July 2011 and have got the venue i want (in perth) and so far done nothing else i know its AGES away 684 days so im told lol but i have no idea what else to do or how to organise a wedding i feel lost with allt his wedding stuff... sounds silly i know but anyone else feeling a bit overcome with the organisation of it all??? xx :\?

• First sit down with H2B and talk abouth what your visions of the day are. Then work out what is most important to you.

For budgeting, take into account any savings you have and then judge what you can save comfortably a month.

You have venue sorted ...thats a biggy, next up probably your photographer, they tend to be booked well in advance.

I would recommend going to a wedding fair and getting lots of info and sitting down and considering all your options...you have plenty of time.

A wedding fair that is nearest you would be the Stirling Wedding Show September 13th at the Albert Halls in Stirling, admission £5.

Hope that helps a little.

YAYW is a goldmine of advice and all the girls here will help you as much as they can, just ask x

[Modified by: leokatsmom on August 31, 2009 03:37 PM]

• MrsPC2BMrsPC2B Posts: 634
    It can be a bit overwhelming lol!

Have you a made a list? I've done a table with costs what we've paid etc. It's alays worth getting someone to check your list as you always forget something! First time I did ours I forgot the wedding rings! Whoopsie!!!!

Just relax and enjoy the planning and try not too get too stressed!

xx
  • Hi there, and congratulations!

We are 2011 too, and have booked our venue, and celebrant, and should soon have booked our caterer.

The budget planner on here is pretty helpful, and apart from the very sensible advice that leokatsmom has already given you, I would advise deciding on what type of ceremony you would like, and getting your celebrant booked reasonably soon, getting a scrapbook, and tearing out pics from magazines, printing them off the internet-you will soon get a fair idea of what style you would like your day to be....and then it is legwork time! Spending a ridiculous amount of time online sourcing the things you like for the lowest prices! I have to say, I have had most of my best tips from this very forum-help is always available!

Remember, it is not about the money you spend-it is how you spend it! Prioritise the things that matter the most, and adjust your budget to match (for example, I don't care about stationary, and are getting it for free from Vistaprint) but will perhaps spend more on the dress!yay!

Enjoy, don't get too caught up in the little things and forget the big picture, oh and GET INSURANCE!!! (just in case....E&L are very good, and very reasonable!)
  • prominent5prominent5 Posts: 798
    Hi MrsCamyD2be and welcome. I know what you mean, it can all be a bit much but this site has been a god send. Everyone is in the same boat and we are all helping each other out.

We're getting married in Aug 2011 and have everything booked as we want to have a relaxing year next year as we have lots of other things on. I agree with everyone else, get a list made. Just organise what has to be done, when and by who and just work your way through that. I would also recommend wedding insurance especially in the current climate because you just never know.

I live in Perth and getting married at Dunkeld Cathedral and Atholl Palace, Pitlochry. If you need any help with anything just ask. We're going to the wedding show at the concert hall in October just for a nosey really and for flower inspiration.

xx
  • Thanks guys already some useful things to think about, and i started a list but it seems to be never ending ha ha! i am getting married in the royal george hotel and keeping everything there, saving on money and cars etc. As i am from forfar and my fiance is from bankfoot in perth, so saves both families travelling far!! thank you so much !! x
    OMG that is scary. I am from Forfar too!

We have a to do list. I could try and email it to you if you like. Just send me an email and I can try and help. Also confetti has an amazing to do list so you could sign up to that. x
  • hlaukhlauk Posts: 11,128
    Hey! I'm from Montrose, not too far away from you!! x
  • not far at all!! image x
    So you've got a wee while to wait for your wedding. At least you've got loads of time to plan it all! This site has given me loads of great ideas x
    I worked in Montrose for a while, very close. H2B's dad is from there but moved to Perth when he got married. x
    Where did you work?? x
    Tesco. I worked in Forfar Tesco but was through there helping to train for a while. x
    Ok! My Auntie is a kind of supervisor type there (i think) in Montrose that is x
    It was a great little shop, had everything. My H2B is a manager but he's in Dundee. I miss the days of being a student and working all the overtime known to man just to spend on drink at the weekend! x
    Lol!!! When did you work there? I'm in like every other day. x
    Sorry MrsCamyD2b for hijacking your thread! x
    I know sorry MrsCamyD2be xx

Was a few years ago now. I've finished uni and have a big girl job now (sticking needles in people). x
    Sounds fun! lol!! So where do you live? Soz I probably already read it x
    I live in Perth now. Very different to my little home town but it's nice. We are thinking of moving closer to Aberdeen as H2B's brother is in Cove and auntie etc in hill something or other up that way (can never remember what it's called). x
    Perth's nice! I live in Marykirk now, we moved out here last Aug. It's nice & quiet & we have a garden for the wee one! x
    It's quiet where we live too. We are right on the river so don't have too many people around us. Plus it's great for the dog. I just can't get used to all the one way streets here. I think there is only 1 in Forfar! haha x
    Lol!! Yeah we got lost in Perth trying to find Paco's, only to finally get there & discover it isn't open for lunch. Had to go to M&S instead! x
    Yeah I know, there are loads of places not open for lunc anymore or are shut all together. I just park in the multistorey now and walk. I can always find the expensive shops that I feel totally uncomfortable in though. x
    Lol! I had a broken toe & hobbled along there, was really looking forward to it!! x
    It is nice. We go to the Bothy now for food. The specials are reasonable priced and food is great. Mmmm getting hungry now. x
    So am I!! Don't know when h2b will get in, he's nipping to tesco for a few things. Better get me something nice! lol!! x
    my h2b is working late so it's just me for tea. Think I might get a sneaky take away and dispose of the evidence before he gets in at 11. x
    Lol!! I would do the same!! x
    The weather is yukky and can't be bothered going out so now to decide what I want. Italian, Pizza, chinese or indian??? x
    I'm coming to Perth!! We don't have Italian takeaway here! x