Bridesmaids Shoes

Do I pay for them? They'll be wearing really long dresses, won't be seen, my Mum says we do but am watching costs big time.

Thoughts anyone image

• Debbie_85Debbie_85 Posts: 571
    Unless they already have a pair of shoes that would go with the dresses then I think it's common for you to pay for everything. If you're struggling you could always ask them to pay, they don't need to be dear. New Look have some lovely wee strappy sandlas in that are no more than about £30.

xxx
  • Hey, i've been bridesmaid three times and always bought my own shoes. My maids are buying their own too - becuase there are a few of them, and of different heights, I want them to get something each is comfortable in and we've discussed and they are in agreement (though I still get the final say!) I think its perfectly acceptable to ask them to pay - as long as you let them have more of a say in the decision process x
  • I bought my BM shoes but that's because I found them in the sale (Kurt Geiger). I did tell them I would pay £30 towards shoes and if they wanted more expensive ones they could make up the difference.

All my BMs asked if they had to pay for anything towards their dress etc but, I told them no.

I think, as long as you let them know in advance, it should be ok to ask them to pay for their own shoes. image
  • ShirleeeyShirleeey Posts: 100
    Yeah I think if you would like bridesmaids to pay towards anything then so long as you tell them up front then thats cool. I have been married prev and I only bought the dresses but this time round I will be buying their full outfits. It really depends on what you can afford and how specific you are asking them to be. xx
  • MrsDMDaviesMrsDMDavies Posts: 1,794 New bride
    I think if you are asking them to get specific shoes then you need to be prepared to pay unless they offer. If you don't want to pay you could always just tell them a colour and they can wear their own (most people have silver strappy shoes for example) but you have to be prepared for them not to be matching. I wanted ours to be matching so found some online and asked if the girls liked them. They were £20 each and I got them delivered to their houses. My sis insisted on paying so I've only had to pay £40 for 3 pairs of shoes! You can get cheap ones that are still lovely, here are mine:

xx