Recommend a boutique?

Hi folks!

I'm approaching the most exciting stage of my wedding planning so far - shopping for my dress! I've managed to get all my bridesmaids together for one weekend in September and am wondering if anyone can recommend a great bridal shop in central Scotland? 

Ideally I'd be looking for a place that can give me some time alone with my girls without other people browsing around when I'm trying things on. Something with a personal feel. I'm so new to this I don't know where to start!

Any suggestions gladly taken. 

Thanks! 

-F.x

• Emma236Emma236 Posts: 215

Hiya

I cannot recommend Charlotte Grace in Doune (40 mins from Glasgow) enough - you won't find a website for it though.  It is a small shop and Carol, the owner, will only deal with one bride at a time so at least all attention is on you.

She only stocks four designers (Sassi Holford, Alan Hannah, Stephanie Allin and Ritva Westenius) and all of the gowns are made to measure so you wouldn't need much done by way of alterations which can save you a good amount of money.  Her dresses are stunning though and she really does know her stuff.  She goes above and beyond the other bridal shops, in my opinion, to do everything she can to give you a great experience and ensure you find your perfect dress.  She's really in the game to make brides happy rather than pushing for sales which was very refreshing I think.

Of all the shops I went to, this was by far my favourite as it was really personal and I just adore Carol - the loveliest lady you could ever hope to buy your wedding dress from!

I hope you manage to get something organised for your September dress hunting - how exciting!!

E x