Edinburgh & Lothians Wedding Venue List

sayidowithlousayidowithlou Posts: 8 New bride
edited 12 March in Scottish brides
Hi everyone! 

Edinburgh bride to be here, but originally from Yorkshire. A Gemini through and through which doesn't help when it comes to making wedding plans/decisions.

Been lurking/reading the forums on here since I got engaged in September this year and thought to myself why on earth haven't I joined yet so here I am! I also now hang in the 'Scottish Wedding Directory' and 'Hitched' forums if you just prefer those and are an obsessed bride to be like me where one website just ain't enough; LOL.

I noticed lots of forums are of people asking for different wedding venue ideas. Below is a list of venues in Edinburgh & Lothian area I compiled from asking around, from wedding fairs and google searches. I am considering ALOT of them as I like to at least visit their website for a nosy, as I am petrified I miss out on what could be my dream wedding venue!

I am sure there is ones I've missed so please add to it in the comments. Would also love to hear your guys love stories - how you met, proposals, wedding plans so far. Direct me to your forums if you have started any!

(I will continue to update this list with more suggestions. Last revised March 2019) 

Edinburgh City Centre (or inside bypass)

Principal – George St & Charlotte Sq

The Balmoral

The Scotsman

Waldorf Astoria

Signet Library

The Dome

Dynamic Earth

Royal Botanic Gardens

Raddison Blu Royal Mile

Royal Scots Club

The Glasshouse

Prestonfield House

Mansfield Traquair

Ghillie Dhu

The Witchery

Edinburgh Castle

Edinburgh & Lothians (or outside bypass/not central Edinburgh)

Archerfield House

Carlowrie Castle

Kinross House

Dalkeith Country Park & Palace

Kirknewton House & Estate

Kirkhill Mansion House

Gosford House

Dunglass Estate

Fenton Tower

Winton Castle

Carberry Tower

Dundas Castle

Aikwood Tower

MacDonald Marine Hotel & Spa

Balbirnie House

Hill of Tarvit House

Borthwick Castle

Melville Castle

Gilmerton House

Dalmahoy Hotel & Country Club

Oxenfoord Castle

Norton House Hotel

Cornhill Castle

Dalhousie Castle

The Vu

• MrsNWMrsNW Posts: 59 New bride
    We got married in the Signet Library in October and it truly was wonderful. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a venue in Edinburgh :).