Forum home Archived Second Time Around

finally I got my 'absolute' !

Nine and a half months after applying for a straight forward divorce and guess what I received in the post ! Yes my absolute.

I am so very excited as we get married in 83 days time and I can now give my Notice of Marriage in, which I am doing on Thursday and h2b is doing in his borrough on Tuesday.

I would have thought after 20 years of marriage I would have been upset (bitter/sweet) on the day of the divorce, but no I am just so glad I have it in my hand now and I can get on with my wedding planning lol.

• Yay!! Congratulations you!!! Bring on the wedding cake!! How are the plans coming along?? xx
  • abi151276abi151276 Posts: 137
    My h2b is in the process of a divorce, I calculated that it would have come through by Xmas but today have found out that the petition hasn't been sent to her yet and am now panicking, our wedding is supposed to be in June next year and I feel like I can't plan until its sorted.
  • I was disappointed when I got my paperwork through as the disolution papers is just an extract and a plain sheet of a4 with a red stamp on it. Not sure if mine is different as I followed the simplified divorce process up here in Scotland, only cost £70 (you need to not have any kids, finances and not lived to gether for a while).

well done ginamarie

abi - you will get there, but I understand how hard it must be until its done and dusted.
  • Hi ladies

Congrats with the Absolute!! Got mine 2 weeks ago after being seperated for 6 years!! can finally re-marry in April xxx
  • Hi ladies

Congrats with the Absolute!! Got mine 2 weeks ago after being seperated for 6 years!! can finally re-marry in April xxx
  • I got my absolute this week! I'm so pleased I feel like putting it in a frame and hanging on the wall lol!