New girl waves hello!

Hi

just joined these forums. My fiance proposed last week :\) I wrongly assumed we would have a longish engagement but he suggested Sept this year and we've compromised on Nov 09. We are hoping it will be the 7th and just need to get it confirmed.

Its a second marriage for both of us. I was married at 21 and it lasted until 4 years ago, I'm now 37. I have two children a girl (11) and a boy (9). He was married at 22 and it ended almost 4 years ago also and he's my toy boy of 1yr and 3 days and is now 36, he also has a son who is 9. We met in Nov 07 though we had been in contact for about 3 months before that as we initially met online via Myspace.

We both want a simple wedding and have a smallish budget. We have provisionally booked a church, which will be confirmed next week and the village hall we would ideally like is available and we are going to view it in Saturday so we can check if we can do what we want and then that will hopefully be arranged. We want to get the venue sorted ASAP as its the nearest Saturday to Bonfire night and we are concerned village halls might get booked out for bonfire / firework displays.

We want to have all out guests to the service and reception, about 150 people. So we are planning to have something like a hog roast or fish and chip supper followed by a buffet of gateuaxs and cheese and biscuits. So many of our friends have already volunteered to help us. We would like a firework display and we have friends that are firemen that always do a party each year and we are sure they will set this up for us if the hall will allow it as my fiance was an usher for one of them last summer and he did all their videoing.

I've already chosen my dress, I had before he proposed image I want a burgandy dress with ivory embroidery and for the bridesmaids (all children) to wear ivory dresses with a burgandy sash and for all the theme to be burgandy and ivory. We plan on making the invites ourselves and ebay is my latest addiction, I seem to be able to find so much there cheaply!

As you can probably tell by it all I'm a little excitedimage

After my divorce I swore I would never get married again but it feels right too, it amazes me how much love can change things!

[Modified by: HT72 on 04 March 2009 11:33:51 ]

• helenlindohelenlindo Posts: 135
    It's great isn't it to be so excited!! We get married on 25th April so are about sorted. Second time for both of us, I'm 41 and h2b 48, we've got 3 boys between us. Can't wait 50 days tomorrow!!!
  • helenlindohelenlindo Posts: 135
    It's great isn't it to be so excited!! We get married on 25th April so are about sorted. Second time for both of us, I'm 41 and h2b 48, we've got 3 boys between us. Can't wait 50 days tomorrow!!!
  • harrydogukharrydoguk Posts: 481
    HT72 where abouts are yu have a good number for a hog roast we are in suffolk if you want it email me direct xx
  • mrslmilesmrslmiles Posts: 43
    We got engaged nearly 4 years ago but set the date yesterday! Last night I couldn't sleep - like a kid at Christmas. I'm 40 my H2B is 44 and between us we have 8 kids!!! Now you know why we're running away alone to Gretna Green lol.

• sorry happyb2b09 sorry I missed your post, my wedding is in Oxfordshire, thanks for the offer though image

Congrats MrsSmiles2b on setting your date, and wow 8 kids is a lot! I find 3 hard enough work lol