Is it ok to wear shorts at wedding

Before I start I like to say that I am Autistic and may sound I bit strange but that's really not my intention :)

Anyway there's my cousins wedding at May of this year and I would like to wear a smart light blue buttoned shirt with a black tie and blue wool cardigan. I would like to wear cargo men's shorts, they are not the camo types. They look like this http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/E5MAAOSwnipWV0nY/s-l1600.jpg

They are no dress code and its in a church in Belgium. the main reason i would like to wear them as I have difficulty wearing/finding trousers as I have a chaotic size. This is my first time going to a wedding and im really not the type to wear suits, plus i cant afford it.

Please once again i hope i don't sound odd

Kind regards and all the best

Edit: Uhh I had a look at my shoes and my dads to see if he had any spare smart type of shoes and I don't have anything, I got sandles which i would not wear to a wedding and biker type boots. Really only have these types of boots

Is it ok to wear the following:

Boots:

Shirt:

The one shirt one the right is made of jeans but its not prominent, would that be ok? 

Jumper:

Its not the same but close

And I may have to pop in Marks and Spenser to pick up these trousers or similar:

http://www.marksandspencer.com/slim-fit-flat-front-trousers/p/p22431081?prevPage=srp

Could i get away with wearing doses boots and please can you tell me if its a no no to wear shorts. 

The one other reason i don't wear smart cloths as Its not my life style, If I was a business type of Person it would be more up my street. I'm more of a metal head and it would be a waste buying anything fancy as i would never wear it again. 

I'm probably im going to have the mick taken out of me for this, I just don't have a clue.

Please help every feedback is much appreciated! Kind regards and all the best

• Kim90Kim90 Posts: 183

have you got anyone to perhaps take with you when shopping? 

I think shorts would be ok! But sometimes when you put different items together they may not look as good as seperate...? If you are buying just one or two items and already have others..be sure to take the already owned items shopping with you to see what looks better! 

If your cousin wants you at his or her wedding she/he will be happy you have attended, don't stress about clothes. 

Have fun !

• Kim90 wrote (see post):

have you got anyone to perhaps take with you when shopping? 

I think shorts would be ok! But sometimes when you put different items together they may not look as good as seperate...? If you are buying just one or two items and already have others..be sure to take the already owned items shopping with you to see what looks better! 

If your cousin wants you at his or her wedding she/he will be happy you have attended, don't stress about clothes. 

Have fun !

Thank you for the kind words, I love to be a stress free person but it's not easy :) Will talk to my mother as well, she tells me i should get some smart trousers. As long as they dont cost to much.

Kind regards

• Kim90Kim90 Posts: 183

If money is tight don't rule out supermarket clothes Or Primark.?

And perhaps take mum shopping!   

• Cara9Cara9 Posts: 69

How about hiring a suit to wear if you're very concerned. However, I think your comfort is most important here so perhaps just buy some boat style shoes to go with the shorts and shirt. Good luck x

• Mimi8Mimi8 Posts: 314 New bride

Mataram sell smart trousers, suits, etc that you could put with your shirt at very reasonable prices , as the lady above said dont stress too much and enjoy the day X 

• bella2015bella2015 Posts: 1,903 New bride

I think that shorts in a church for a wedding is going to look at bit odd, especially with the boots that you have put a picture of. I hope you don't think I'm being rude because that is not my intention.

If you go to a supermarket you can normally buy a smart pair of black/grey/nay trousers for £10 - £15 and a black pair of shoes for £10-£20. At least you would have them then for future occasions.

• if you go for the smart shorts i think you would need to get some different shoes, with a different paid of shoes i think it would be a lovely outfit (and if it was more comfortable for you i'd be even  more pleased if i was your cousin!). alternatively a pair of dress trousers with those boots would be fine, my husband has those style boots in white and has worn them to dressier occasions with smart trousers and they looked lovely. if you wont really wear them again and decide to go for the trousers definately try out primark ones as they wont break the bank xx