Decree Absolute.

Glen-Glen- Posts: 1

hi , A question, I obtained my decree nisei 29 years ago . I never got the Decree Absolute. My ex wife Has got a Decree Absolute as she has Remarried . Do I need to get a Decree Absolute  if I want to Get Married again ?  If So  where would I get this Document  ? 

• MrsHowgateMrsHowgate Posts: 1,394 New bride
    Glen- wrote (see post):

hi , A question, I obtained my decree nisei 29 years ago . I never got the Decree Absolute. My ex wife Has got a Decree Absolute as she has Remarried . Do I need to get a Decree Absolute  if I want to Get Married again ?  If So  where would I get this Document  ? 

Yes you will need the decree absolute to get married again. You need to write to the court that dealt with your divorce and pay a fee to obtain a copy of the the absolute. You cannot remarry without it as it’s proof our legally free tonwed again.

• Barbie3Barbie3 Posts: 340 New bride
    Glen- wrote (see post):

Hi Glen.

U will need the D.A when you go 2 give notice at the registrar's.  Me n hubby couldn't find are's either, so we just got are exes 2 scan there's for us.  The registrar was ok as they were both more than a couple years old, and both exes have remarried to.  Worth cheking with ur registrar if thats ok.

(btw r u shure u don't have it?  Mine didn't actual say 'Decree Absolute' anywhere on it, it was just a letter sayin the divorce would be final in so many days).

• Hi Team,

My Civil marriage registration was annulled in 2010. The Nullity Petition was made by the girl's solicitor. I went to the court all by myself had no solicitor to defend my case. Judge gave the decision to annulled and void the Civil marriage as if it never existed. I was lucky that I didn't have to pay any cost to the other party. I just need to know that how can I get the annulled certificate because court hasn't given me any document as a proof that I am single again or free to marriage? Now I want to remarry again and I have been told that you need the marriage annulled or divorce certificate. As far as I know, that was an annulment of marriage and declared term Void marriage, so I don't know what that exactly called annulled certificate or divorce certificate? Can someone help me please that how can I get this required certificate or letter as proof that I am free to marriage again? 

Kind Regards and many thanks,

Junaid
  • I wonder if anyone monitors this forum. Could someone reply my query? I must appreciate that....
  • GinAndBlingGinAndBling Posts: 1,311 New bride
    Which country are you in? If England and Wales you should contact the Court who dealt with the annulment and they should be able to provide a copy of the order.
    Our planning thread: We're completely winging it.
    Our report: A fun, classic May day in navy and blush
    My weightloss thread: Diet denial! 
  • Hullass1972Hullass1972 Posts: 597 New bride
    I wonder if anyone monitors this forum. Could someone reply my query? I must appreciate that....
    Google is a wonderful thing, try using it instead of a forum where the chances are, no one has had their marriage annulled. A simple search brought up this: https://www.gov.uk/copy-decree-absolute-final-order
    This of course is dependent on you being married here in the UK.
  • Thanks guys, yes I live in London. I will contact the court and will ask them for a copy. I must appreciate for the link Hullas1972. Thanks