Forum home Archived The Ceremony

HAS ANYONE USED "KISSING YOU" TO WALK DOWN THE AISLE TO??

who played it - on what instrument and how did it sound!!!!??? image

• j2bej2be Posts: 134
    I've not used it yet but thinking on having it played on the piano or string quartet as the begining of des'ree's version is played on piano and the middle has strings also

xxx
  • its a beautiful song i heard it on the piano its amazing x
  • CurlylydCurlylyd Posts: 1,465
    I'm having 'kissing you' to walk down the aisle to, but I'm still not sure how it's going to work, so I'm so glad you started this thread, I hope you get lots of replies!

I'm having a lady who plays the key board and sings, she was at my friends wedding last year and she was fantastic. Her name is Alice English if you want to google her and listen to what's on her website, but I don't think she has kissing you on there. When I spoke to her about it she said she could play the song, and we would just work out the arrangement nearer the time. I don't get married until October 09 though, when's your wedding?

xx
  • I think we are as well, and we're having it played on the piano. image
  • Hi Girls,

I love this song (and the film) and I'm def having the song played as I walk back up the aisle. I would really love the instrumental sheet music if anyone has a copy - i'd realy appreciate it if you could emal me.

Thanks

ps: email: [email protected]
    hi jessicac

I have emailed you the sheet music

xx
  • lauzyuklauzyuk Posts: 544
    j2be could you please email me the sheet music?? ive been after it for months! Thank You

Lauzy xx

[email protected] xx
  • Hello ladies,

I was thinking about having it as I walked down the aisle too! We are having a harpist so not too sure how it would work or sound!

Could I ask for a copy of the sheet music too please?

[email protected]

Thanks
  • emmylou717emmylou717 Posts: 1,729
    J2be - please can you email this to me too. I have been after it for ages

Thank you very much,

[email protected]

THANK YOU x x x
  • jacquelienejacqueliene Posts: 6,350
    J2B PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE CAN YOU EMAIL IT TO ME TOO. I REALLY WANT TO WALK DOWN THE AISEL TO THIS!

• Hi j2be,

I have been looking for this sheet music for ages as I would love to walk down the aisle to it - there was a post on here a while ago about the same thing but I was a bit slow on the take up!

Would be really grateful if you could please email it to me aswell!

[email protected]

Thank you so much

ximage

Hey girls have emailed the sheet music image Mrs Scho 2b could you send me ur email add then i will forward a copy to you 2

xx
  • You're a wee star! image

Thank you!
  • Sorry j2be I haven't received it yet (unless it's being really slow?) Would you mind trying to send it again please??

Thank you! :\)
  • Just listened to the song on youtube it is beautiful. Would really like this song too please could you email it to me j2b.

[email protected]

Thank you x
    Thank you. x x
    j2b

i have emailed you using your pink button

i dont really like putting my eamil up on here as you get loads of advertisers contacting you.

if you get my email you can reply to it and it will come to me. if not i will put my email up but would rather avoid it if i can

thanks in advance hun

• lauzyuklauzyuk Posts: 544
    thank you j2b! x
  • I might be missing something but can you not have then CD played through the PA system in church or indeed at your venue?
  • hi whos this by, as id love to hear it thanks
    Hey i was searching for a version of this one by a string quartet to see what it sounds like. I have put the link below o you girls can check it out.

Its Des`ree btw...

http://www.stringspace.com.au/sydney/repertoire.html
    yeh you can have through the pa but our rev said that doesnt always sound too good and i think it would be nicer on the piano
    iv just been on you tube and there are a few versions of it on the piano, it seems to be quite hard for them to get the timing right tho. and its long. i really wanna walk down to this but not sure how much of it you will hear
    hey again I think i have emailed everyone now let me know if not.

Just thought I'd let everyone know how i've decided to encorperate it into my wedding as initially i wanted to walk down the isle to but my fav part is about (apart from all of it) is 3mins into the song so this wouldnt be heard

I then wanted it for our 1st dance but H2b put a stop to that as hes scared of the dance as it is never mind that slow lol so

as I am a dance teacher with lots of lovely students and dancer friends I am going to ask 1 or a few of them to perform a beautiful lyrical dance to it as part of the evening entertainment .

what do u think???? does it sound naff lol

xxx
  • Hi, I've been on and listend to a number of versions and as Shera(lol!) has put it seems to be offat points. I think it's possibly a little too slow, but hey thats just me!
    just call me princess of power lol

yeh i dont tink any of them get it quite right which is worrying : (

it would sound really good if only they got the timing and things right

im now wondering weather it would be better to have it played as we sign the registar but h2b really wants me to walk down to this song and its really the only thing iv ever imagined me walking into but i want it to be heard properly

: (

so confussed
    just checked my email and i have the sheet music

thank you x
  • bridey20bridey20 Posts: 1,815
    My 2 friends are great at this piece of music it used to be what that sat and played/sang when we were bored in our music lessons so I was thinking about having them perform it while we are signing the registar, also the singer is one of my bm's so i think she will enjoy it. They used to do it with a piano and it sounded great, i did try to do it but being and organist rather than pianist found it hard!! But Piano version sounds great to me!
    oh crap, that just made it worse, if i do have it played it will be by the man who plays the organ at the church : (
  • bridey20bridey20 Posts: 1,815
    is he playing it on a piano? He may be able to play the piano, its only because my left hand istn use to doing fidlly bits that is on this piece of music but he might be able to! I'm sure it will be fine, sorry it was more my skills that werent up to scratch to play this piece of music, im sure he can play this wonderfully!!!

xx