Forum home Archived The Ceremony

Page boy?!

Hey ladies,

I accidently acquired a pageboy! I love him to bits but hadn't planned on having one. He is six and going to be carrying the rings on a ring pillow, but my question is when/where is he in the order of people to walk up the aisle?

I'm going first with my two bridesmaids after me. I had hoped he wouldn't be last incase he freaks out a bit and needs some encouragement, but I don't know where else to put him! If he goes behind me and in front of the bridesmaids there's the chance he will stand on my (long!) veil.

Any ideas girlies???? I get married in three weeks and really hoping to get this sorted soon!

Thanks x x x

• Now-Mrs-SNow-Mrs-S Posts: 391
    I forgot to say - It's a traditional church wedding
  • MrsDMDaviesMrsDMDavies Posts: 1,794 New bride
    Is one of your bms a chief bm? She could go behind you and then page boy and then your other bm could bring up the rear? At 6 I reckon he won't get too freaked out. Just explain to him what he needs to do and what it will be like with all the people, music etc.

We have a 3.5 year old page boy and a 21 month old flower girl, wondering where we can put them now, especially as we have a central staircase to come down first which leads onto the aisle! Plus I think they'll be scared of the bagpipes!!

Have a fab wedding!

xx
  • Garfyuk1Garfyuk1 Posts: 585
    at our wedding we had our 3 adult bridesmaids go first, along with our two flowergirls and one page boy, this meant each adult could hold the hand of a little one as they walked down and it looked really lovely. having them going first meant they could get to their seats easier, rather than me going down the aisle first, and then having them all backed up behind me trying to get past me to get to their seats, if that makes sense.

Plus, as I went down the aisle last, everyone was waiting in anticipation for the bride, i highly recommend going down the aisle last ladies! lol

• Amandas28Amandas28 Posts: 738
    My son is a page boy, im having 3 flower girls 1 is my daughter. As they are young i was going to have 1 bridesmaid walk in 1st with my son and daughter then my other bridesmaid to walk in with my 2 nieces image then me!!
  • shelleyf30shelleyf30 Posts: 3,971
    We had our page boy go first, then 2 flower girls side by side, me then 4 BM's behind me, it looked lovely