Help!!! Short version of canon in d...

I'm looking for a shorter version of canon in d.

I have a very beautiful version with cello and violins but it's 5:00 Minutes long and it would be very sad, if they stop it in the middle.

I also looked for shorter versions, but it's always that fast...and i don't want to run down the isle image

Has anybody a shorter beautiful version of that song, like about 2:30 or 03:00 minutes long?

If so, could you please email me?

Adress would be [email protected]

I would really appreciate that.

And...please excuse my bad english...

greetings from Germany

muxmux

• I've sent you a short piano & violin version, let me know what you think
  • Blonde Builder please can you send it to me also?

[email protected]

Been looking for ages now!

Thank you! image
  • cazmack1cazmack1 Posts: 253
    Would you mind sending it to me too

[email protected]

Thank you x
  • cazmack1cazmack1 Posts: 253
    Would you mind sending it to me too

[email protected]otmail.co.uk

Thank you x
  • How strange! I was looking for about 3 hours last night.. please can i be really cheeky and ask a copy? I've only got 12 days and i'm nearly giving up!! [email protected] image) thank you ???????
  • How strange! I was looking for about 3 hours last night.. please can i be really cheeky and ask a copy? I've only got 12 days and i'm nearly giving up!! [email protected] image) thank you ???????
  • Please would someone be able to forward it to me as well if at all possible image

[email protected]

Thankyou!!! x
  • Hi

I was looking for the same thing this evening. Pls could email me a copy or where I could find it on the net.

That would be great!!

[email protected]
  • can someone please email it to me too?

[email protected]

thanks muchly!
  • Lucym89Lucym89 Posts: 389
    Could anyone forward me a copy, walking down the isle to this.

[email protected]

Thank you so much.
  • Lucyp86Lucyp86 Posts: 167
    Im having this version - its only 1.30mins

The arrangement is by miranda wong and if you go to her website you can buy the MP3 file and sheet music for a couple of pounds. She also does lots of other lovely piano solos. x
  • Such a popular choice image I would be very grateful if someone would forward it to me as well!! [email protected]

Thanks xx
  • nats2013nats2013 Posts: 6,253
    if anyone has a specific instrumental arrangement they want a shorter version of it's not difficult to shorten it. i have software to do it as i work in video and sound but i am getting more and more work atm so might take a little while.

[email protected] if you are really desperate and i can give you a timescale, it only takes 30 mins to do if that but it's finding the time for me image
  • I have a 3 minute version with an Irish twist - its really nice if you have a celtic theme

I haven't actually got a celtic theme as such, but H2B's mum who died last year was Irish, so even tho I don't want to go overboard I thought it might be a nice tribute to her in the wedding
  • martinkabmartinkab Posts: 221
    I don't know if it helps but my violinist Simon Jordan is doing his own live version of the canon to coordinate with my arrival at the altar in July. He's fab and he's moving on to play all sorts of music in the reception, all of my choosing. His website is www.celebratewithmusic.co.uk. He'll probably be able to record a short version for you too.
  • Ooh can someone pleeeeeeeeeease send it to me as well?Xx
  • Hi

I'm also looking for a short orchestral version around the 3 minute mark. If anyone has any links to where i can buy this I'd appreciate it. My email is [email protected]

Many thanks x
  • MRS LILLERSMRS LILLERS Posts: 1,319
    me too please! image

[email protected]

thanks in advance x
  • BlondeBuilder or anyone else, if you could forward me the short piano/violin version, that would be so amazing!!! Thank you! [email protected]

• Nicola385Nicola385 Posts: 1

I can only find a short version with piano only. Does anyone have a version when the violins kick in? Pretty please!

• MrsCToBeeMrsCToBee Posts: 2,619 New bride

or https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7WkYp7lWfU

You can use an mp3 converter to download from Youtube

• Cecilia13Cecilia13 Posts: 486 New bride

The good thing about this piece is you can stop every few bars and just play the final chord and it works. I wouldn't worry about the length, a short version would just do the same thing, stop a cycle early with a final chord! The harmony is the same all the way through so it's very simple and always works :) 

Speaking as a cellist who has played this at weddings probably more than 100 times! Just go with the one you have and then the musicians can stop at the end of the phrase when you reach the end of the aisle! Sorry I saw this a while after it was posted.