Forum home Archived The Ceremony

Music for civil ceremony - walking down the aisle

Hi,

This is the first time I have posted anything on the forum, but you all seem to come up with such good suggestions so I thought I would ask for your help!

We are having a civil ceremony and we have arranged for a singer song writer to play the piano and sing. She is fantastic but am unsure about what music to have for me walking down the aisle.

I love Eva Cassidy and Fields of Gold but am being told by my family that it is a sad song and a lot of people choose to have it at their funerals!

During the service my brother in law and the pianist are singing the duet Somewhere from West Side Story and also my brother in law is singing Have I told you latesly that I love you.

To come back down the aisle we are having the song "Better Together".

Does anyone have any suggestions of a good piece for piano and voice for a female?

Thanks,

Katy::\?

• Mia09ukMia09uk Posts: 659
    I wanted Ae Fond Kiss by Robert Burns but that is a really sad song about lovers parting!

I think we'll probably just have the standard string quartet playing Canon. I know it's really popular but it does give me goosebumps.

Eva Cassidy 'Songbird' or 'Over the rainbow' are both gorgeous?
  • Hi Kit Kat! I'm walking down the aisle to "songbird" but the original fleetwood mac version which is slightly different but I'm sure you could buy the sheet music. Look up the lyrics online they're so beautiful and not sad at all but they'll still get your guest "welling up"! Perfect! x
  • RosapennyRosapenny Posts: 4,249
    What about Songbird, its such a beautiful song, I am thinking of having this as the we are backing down the aisle again
  • MrsSP73MrsSP73 Posts: 353
    Just logged on to suggest songbird and it seems like a popular choice!!

We're having better together when we sign the register - love that one too.

Good luck choosing!