Forum home Archived The Ceremony

Civil Ceremony music

Hi,

I am having a bit of difficuty choosing the last 2 songs for my ceremony. I have chosen to walk in to 'Somewhere Over the Rainbow', we are signing the register to 'Fields of Gold' and one of our songs for the ceremony is 'Cant take my Eyes off You'. I need to pick another for the ceremony and a song to walk back down the isle to with my new hubby (sounds very strange!).

We have got a singer and a saxaphone player to play the music. We want songs that are fun and lively and that everyone will join in with. Any ideas?

Cheers

Emmaimageimage

• ImpatientUKImpatientUK Posts: 1,660
    we're walking out to the beatles "all you need is love".
  • Hello!

We're walking out to "for once in my life" by Stevie Wonder, its got a really good intro that gradually builds up! I'm walking in to "songbird" by fleetwood mac and signing the register to etta james "at last"

I've loved thinking about the music, i think it's really important, i'm hoping the guests will shed a little tear! I'm so dramatic!
  • sarah222sarah222 Posts: 113
    i'm also having all you need is love- its a nice happy song
  • Thanks for the advice, I love 'All You Need is Love' by the Beetles and coming from the area it would be great and I cant think of a much better one. The only problem is a friend also had that one but i'll have to ask if they would mind. I would also have to resist the urge to have a little dance whilst everyone was singing it!

Cheers

Emma
  • ImpatientUKImpatientUK Posts: 1,660
    Glad you've decided on a song and im sure your friend wont say no!
  • katepukkatepuk Posts: 106
    We're also walking out to All you need is love!! We're having a classical CD as background music as people come in then we've chosen Canon in D as entrance music and a friend is playing piano (Elgar Salut d'Amour) during the signing of the register. Then in a complete change to the classical stuff we're having the Beatles as we walk out. Bit concerned that the piano piece won't be long enough for the whole signing bit ,but then I guess people can just wait, its not like it's going to take hours!!