Forum home Archived The Ceremony

Own vows - opinions please!

Hi everyone!

We are having a civil ceremony and I would love to write our vows, h2b is not so keen at doing them as well as his speeches etc so I have had a bash at some that can be said by both of us! Let me know what you think please...too much/not enough? Etc thanks!! xxx

I do solomnly declare that I know not of any lawful impediment why I '......' may not be joined in matrimony to '.................' to be my lawful wedded husband/wife

I call upon these persons here present to witness that I '..............' Do take thee '.............' to be my lawful wedded husband/wife

I pledge my life to you, I will love, honour and cherish you through the good times and the bad. I promise to stand by you so that together we can accomplish anything..

I will be faithful, honest and trustworthy. I will try to bring laughter to your life and make you happy. I will be your partner and your friend for life.

I do not expect you to fulfil all my dreams, only to share them and allow me to share yours.

As this ring surrounds your finger, so my love surrounds you. With every beat of my heart, I will love you. This is my solemn vow

Do they sound ok? I keep altering bits! Any suggestions welcome! xxxx image

[Modified by: MrsYoung2B on 17 December 2007 17:40:29 ]