Forum home Archived The Ceremony

Music....

I am having a Civil Ceremony in a hotel and need ideas for music...

From what i understand we need to choose music for when guests are arriving, 1 song for walking down the aisle, 3 songs for during the signing of the register and 1 song for walking back up the aisle at the end!

I cannot have anything religious etc etc, so far i am loving Pachabel Canon for walking down the aisle but that is as far as we have got!

Also the first dance is another one to think off! My h2b doesnt really listen to music so i am hunting for things and then playing them to him for an opinion!

Thought some of you bride2b's must have been here at some point and have some ideas for me?!

Thanks

Sarah xx

• xTIGRESSxxTIGRESSx Posts: 1,278
    Well I had "Truly Madly Deeply" slow version by Cascada walking down the aisle. Then I made a tape of Nutcracker Suite (from Fantasia) while we were signing the register (bout 15 mins worth) And we had Hubbys fav song "She's Like The Wind" by Patrick Swayze as we walked out.

It depends on whether you want words or not in the songs played. You could just have a load of classical music (obviously non religious - if you make a list of what you like the Registra should be able to tell you what you can and can't have) or if you want songs that mean something to you both. Or if you want something people can sing along to.

There are many threads on here about music, so you should be able to get a few ideas fom reading them.

Good luck

xmas luv n hugs xx image

• ImpatientUKImpatientUK Posts: 1,660
    These are the songs that we're having:

walking in to - come what may (moulin rouge)

signing of register - ??? (still not 100% sure)

walking out to - all you need is love (love actually -the beatles)

first dance - waiting for a star to fall. (boy meets girl)

last dance - time of my life. (dirty dancing)
  • Thanks guys, think i just need to get some inspiration and dig the cd's out! x