Forum home Archived The Ceremony

Mum/Best Man doing readings?

How many of you have asked Mum of Bride or Best Man to do a reading during the ceremony? We've sat down this evening and have decided on our readings, one of which is going to be read by my oldest friend (if she says yes when asked that is!!) but we are thinking about the other readers.

Our reasons for wondering on this point is that whilst it is good to have the people you know the most give the readings, it is also a good opportunity to have other people involved in the ceremony.

Any thoughts/advice on our little quandry?

Thanks v muchly!

xx

PS, can I just say now WWWWWWWWWWWWHHHHHHHHOOOPPPPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEE - FINALLY decided on readings and vows - that another thing to cross off the list!! image

• mrslailamrslaila Posts: 1,069
    I have been thinking about asking both of our mum's to do a reading, as you say it's a good way to involve them both. Not sure my mum would be up for it though.

Well done on finding your readings. Haven't even thought about ours yet.
  • MrsQM2MrsQM2 Posts: 3,723
    I know that his mum wouldnt want to do it, but unsure as to mum would want to. She'll be fretting about me and my dad so perhaps a reading might be something else for her to worry about... oh well, I can only ask!!

xx