In London tomorrow- where to shop?

am in the big city tomorrow to hopefully collect H2b's suit from Marc wallace... and after that the day is mine!!!

so where should I go for lovely bridal things girls??? I have pretty much everything I need at 6 weeks to go, but hey, a girl ( and especially a bride) can never have too many sparkly things....image

xx

[Modified by: toosexylady on 27 June 2008 19:22:59 ]

• MrsDunsmore2006MrsDunsmore2006 Posts: 2,061
    What about Luella's boudoir? x
  • lrbpielrbpie Posts: 2,280
    Hiya, you could pop into the Phillipa Lepley sale (no appt needed on Sat) in Fulham. Browns Bride has gorgeous accessories (pricey though). Butler & Wilson has some great vintage style jewellery. Or Agent Provocateur is always worth a visit!

• rarajdukrarajduk Posts: 1,784
    Mmmmmm.....I think that I would just set up camp in the bars at Claridge's or The Connaught!

Although it you really need to shop, definitely Selfridges.

Have fun!

x

• sammyjoeuksammyjoeuk Posts: 3,596
    Yes, I agree ref selfs (because it has so much variety, you could go to harrods, the sale has not started yet, so maybe slightly less busy, harvey nicks is also worth a look in), but by gum, it will be a scrum! Remember TSL, its sale season. I hope you have lots of fun and the suit is what your h2b ordered - what is it like?.x
  • MrsRafMrsRaf Posts: 1,802
    ooh have fun!
  • clarekellclarekell Posts: 6,666
    Wish I was there with you.... 4 weeks til my shopping splurge in London x
  • cathymukcathymuk Posts: 2,675
    Ladies thanks so much for the tips...in the end my heart strings dragged me to Luellas... a little piece of bridal paradise.

I ended up making a purchase too- a gorgeous chunky vintage necklace of pearls and diamantes from Magpie vintage. It came with a rather hefty price tag, but it just seems to fit perfectly with my dress and theme- so it's something old and new- a dual purpose!!

Also I saw some of Rebekah Daleys work there, as they've begun to stock her lines. I talked to the owner and explained all about the designs she has created for me, and I think they seemed genuinely excited to hear from one of her Brides. She had visited them earlier in the day and I think they'd discussed the whole Grace Kelly wedding, what a very small world!

H2b collected his Marc Wallace suit- a 3 piece suit in wool, in Ivory. We chose a monotone black and white faintly patterned shirt to accompany it. It all looks stunning and the made to measure was definately worth the money. The suit looks chic and dapper. Even the other blokes in the store commented on how good it looked.

So all in all a very good day, and once again thanks for the top tips ladies

• clarekellclarekell Posts: 6,666
    Hey TSL.

I am so glad your day was a complete success.... lots more stuff ticked off the "To Do" list eh?

You can relax today now can't you?

x x x
  • cathymukcathymuk Posts: 2,675
    Hi soon to be a missus, yes am slowly getting there, just over 5 weeks to go. Time has flown since we passed the 100 days mark for some reason.

Loellas was a wonderful place, highly recommend it to everyone.

Hows your plans going? all on track?

xx