Cost of Inn on the Lake Hotel, Cumbria??

Hi brides to be!,

As I'm from Ireland and getting married in the Lake District I need some help!

I was looking on the Inn on the Lake hotel on their website and it looks fabulous. Is anyone else having their wedding reception here and if so how much is it costing? We are going to have approx 70 guests. We're hoping to get a flight over to the Lake District the end of this month so we can check the hotel out so would love to have some idea of what to expect!:\)

• KpeacockukKpeacockuk Posts: 351
    Morning Maria O. We are also getting married in the Lakes but at Langdale Country Club. The Lakes is our favourite place in the world (literally)!! We are also having 70 guests and making it into a bit of a wedding weekend with a BBQ on the Friday night. Anyway, i have been to the Inn on the Lake and it is lovely but not sure about the prices. There is a wedding fayre there in Novemeber so that might be useful for you. I think we are going to it anyway When are you planning to get married? Our date is 31/07/2010 xxx
  • Skip2beSkip2be Posts: 306
    Hi Maria O,

Me and the h2b are due to have our venue there in november 2009. its an absolutely beautiful venue and has a local church in patterdale which is COE.

its surrounded by rolling hills and a beuatiful lake! getting back to the point, we have 30 guests and the wedding breakfast, room hire, bridal suite, buffett, service etc is roughly costing £3,500 which we didnt think was too bad at all given some places charge the earth! the inn on the lake is soo beautiful .. xx congratulations.
  • MrsM2BMrsM2B Posts: 1,040
    Hi there,

We got married there in June this year and had an amzing day...the service was impeccable.

We had 60 guests to the day do and 80 at night...with absolutely everything included which for us included canapes, open bar reception drinks, 5 course reception dinner, 1/2 bottle of wine per guest, champagne, liqueurs with coffee, at night a hog roast buffet, bridal suite etc, it came in at around £6k.

We did however, go for the more expensive menu's, drinks packages etc so it could be done a bit cheaper.

It was an absolutely stunning location...perfect for us as we got married in the little catholic chapel across the road, which we walked to, the food was excellent and then it all ended in an almighty party next door in the ramblers bar- the country pub where the evening reception is held, with a marquee also attached and it was fabulous! I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them- if you would like to see photos of a real life wedding then click on my other topics and you will find my report in newly weds

Good luck xx
  • Hi there,

We had our wedding at Cumbria Inn On The Lake. Absolutly fabulous hotel the views are amazing, and the staff coulndn't do more.

The only unpleasent moment for us came with the hotel's in-house DJ: a gentleman from carlisle. He came across on his speakers rather rude, commenting on the DSS and made a reference to Hitler amongst other comments after the music started crackling.

Our wedding was in 2011, and i'm sure he no longer works at the hotel. But please ask.

I also advice you to have photos on the pier at the bottom of the gardens.

• Kerry19Kerry19 Posts: 201

Hi Maria O

We aren't getting married in that hotel but we are getting married in the lakes.

If you want to look at other hotels while you are there, try the Low Wood Bay Hotel, we have been going there for 7 years and couldn't of thought of a better place to get married. everytime we visit the staff and service is amazing, the view across lake windermere is stunning and the hotel wedding planners are brilliant.

Good Luck x x