Reception suggestions in London

I'm having some real trouble trying to find the perfect wedding venue. We have looked at country manor houses, Italy and now back to London (where we live).

We are now starting to look at restaurants in London, and to get married in a registry office before. Does anyone have any suggestions ?? We have been looking at the west end, but more recently moved onto clerkenwell and Islington .....

Many Thanks

• HannabelleukHannabelleuk Posts: 1,134
    I am having my reception at a restaurant in the city (Coq d'Argent). We chose the city as many of the restaurants are closed at weekends and therefore are available for private hire.

We also looked at Prism and 1 Lombard Street too, but the outdoor space at Coq swung it for us, along with the possibility of having fireworks there!
  • emsyjemsyj Posts: 3,807
    Do you really want a restaurant in particular, or just any venue? The Queen's House in Greenwich is beautiful, as is the Painted Hall at the National Maritime Museum. I am assuming these would be within budget as you are posting in BBB. The Queen's House costs I think £7k to hire, then you'd have catering etc. But I think you can have a cvil ceremony there too.

Coq d'Argent is a fab restaurant, love it! Great food.
  • IggyLouukIggyLouuk Posts: 198
    We looked at the Bleeding Heart Crypt:

http://www.bleedingheart.co.uk/crypt/index.php

Is one of our favourite restaurants and would be handy for you! We didn't pick it as we couldn't fit enough people in!

Love Coq D'Argent tho too
  • Hi. My brother had hios at Claridges and it was amazing. He is really finicky baout good service (as I am) and they were also very flexible and inventive. We booked rooms too which was fabulous. Definately one of the nicest venues i've seen. I don't think it gets booked up too uickly either. Hope that helps a bit?
  • MrsDownieMrsDownie Posts: 103
    Vinopolis is a lovely venue for a wedding.

http://www.vinopolis.co.uk/weddings.php

and the halls can be seen here:

http://www.vinopolis.co.uk/greathalls.php

It is gorgeous and modern without being stuffy.
  • SneakybSneakyb Posts: 1,252
    my friend got married at the wetland centre in barnes recently apparently it was beautiful!
  • LPAUL77LPAUL77 Posts: 5
    They all look great, thanks all !

Anyone got any feedback on Fredericks, Dartmouth House, Savile Club Mayfair, One Whitehall or Cannizaro House ??

Love the idea of Coq d'argent, looks fantastic !!
    I viewed Dartmouth House and didn't like it for two reasons, one being that you could only have 85 people to the ceremony, and 100 for the meal - they suggested that we invite a few people just for the reception which seemed a bit backwards for me; and the loos are in the basement, which given that the majority of the wedding is on the first floor is a massive pain in the bum, especially so if you have any guests who can't manage stairs as they need to go to the hotel next door to use the lift to get down!

If you go to Coq beat them down on minimum spend and venue hire, I am certainly not paying their standard fees!
  • emsyjemsyj Posts: 3,807
    I think you have a few votes there for Coq d'Argent!!! I would second the suggestion of the Bleeding Heart too - they are closed at weekends so good option and their food and service are excellent.
  • This is probably a really strange suggestion, but I've always thought the Gaucho restaurants would make a fantastic, modern-looking reception venue. I don't even know if they would do it, but I just love the decor!
    We looked at one of the Gauchos Mrs D2b - and it would be fantastic. The only issue we had was that you can't change the tables so it would be a lot less formal than a wedding - more like a restaurant full of people. I would never have got away with that, I am in enough trouble for having a round top table!

I would love the cow hide walls in my photos.