Wedding Pics 080808 - Butterfly Theme

Well girls I'm back from the most amazing Honeymoon in the Maldives (Banyan Tree - Vabbinfaru) and it's back to reality for me. My HUSBAND (I love saying that) has gone to work today whilst I still have the week off work

I don't want to write a really long report all I want to say is that we had the most amazing day imaginable. I think this is reflected in our faces in the photos that the photographer took. Everybody complemented us on the little details of the day (so it really is worth it to take the time to do this) many of our guests also said that it was the best wedding that they had ever been to. I hope that all have a wonderful time planning your wedding it really is the most fun I have ever had and we will both miss it so much. Although we are looking forward to all the things we have planned for our future.

My top tips for the day:

*Have some water in the car for your journey

*Leave some water at the top of the aisle for H2B (he will need it even if he says he won't)

*Relax - just enjoy the day - ushers, best man and bridesmaid are there to sort out any problems for you (our vicar thought the wedding was at 11:30 even though it was 11:00!! My Ushers sorted this out and told me after the wedding!)

*Grab a few minutes with your Husband throughout the day - we did this at various points throughout the day and it really was so special.

*Make a list for your photographer of all the must shots you want - this worked so well

*If you have Children coming then make little bags packed full of there favourite things. This kept them quiet throughout the meal and every parent thanked us for taking the time to do this!

*Surprise your guests and family. My Husband never dances when we go out and we arranged to have dance lessons with First Dance UK. Everybody was so shocked and surprised but loved every minute. There were even a few tears! We also arranged for Sky Lanterns to be let off (you may have remembered I was not allowed Fireworks because of the big Celebrity wedding!) These worked perfectly and were another amazing surprise for our guests.

Good Luck ladies with the planning.

I hope you enjoy looking at our pictures

https://www.theimagefile.com/?skin=3725&Action=_VC&id=16148202&ppwd=cg7903rk

Victoria (The New Mrs Lowe)

Xx

• sammyjoeuksammyjoeuk Posts: 3,596
    Thanks for posting pics!! They looked great!!!

I loved your dress and the cake was lovely!! You added the butterfly on the ribbon which was a nice touch!

Congrats and have a wonderful happy marriage!x
  • Kez_B2B_09Kez_B2B_09 Posts: 434
    Hey,

Congratulations!

Love your pics image

Hope you don't mind me asking but did you have someone do a display with your lanterns? And also what company did you use?

I would love them for my wedding next year :\)
  • SheikaukSheikauk Posts: 54
    Butterfly Blue - congratulations! Your pictures are lovely and you looked lovely. IThanks so much for posting your pictures, you might remember that I am having my wedding at The Manor House in May, its great to see the set-up. I am now sooo excited. Any top tips for using The Manor to its full potential? I laughed when I saw your omment about the "celebrity wedding" rubbish taht becuase of them we cant have fireworks.....i was going to have the lanternt too - do you think they are worth it? who did you use? Did you have a display or let them of yourself?

Sorry for all of the questions its just so exciting seeing pictures of a lovely wedding in the venue we are having!

Sheika x
  • lorrdainelorrdaine Posts: 1,316
    lovely photos. love those shy lanterns xxxxx
  • Congratulations! You look beautiful and the photos are gorgeous. Best wishes x
  • B-tatchleyB-tatchley Posts: 120
    The pictures are lovely and you look fab!

Could you give me the company that did the lanterns loved them.

[email protected]
  • Quoted:
    The pictures are lovely and you look fab!

Could you give me the company that did the lanterns loved them.

[email protected]

Hiya,

The company that did the Sky Lanterns for us were called Light a Lantern - you can easily find them on the web.

xx
  • Quoted:
    Butterfly Blue - congratulations! Your pictures are lovely and you looked lovely. IThanks so much for posting your pictures, you might remember that I am having my wedding at The Manor House in May, its great to see the set-up. I am now sooo excited. Any top tips for using The Manor to its full potential? I laughed when I saw your omment about the "celebrity wedding" rubbish taht becuase of them we cant have fireworks.....i was going to have the lanternt too - do you think they are worth it? who did you use? Did you have a display or let them of yourself?

Sorry for all of the questions its just so exciting seeing pictures of a lovely wedding in the venue we are having!

Sheika x

Hi Sheika,

The Sky Lanterns are definitely worth it. We used a company called Light a Lantern and this cost about £800 for 60. It was the first time that these were released at The Manor and the feedback we got from everybody was very positive.Which rooms are you having for your wedding day? I would suggest hiring a star cloth for the evening celebrations as this made the Dunstinville look really beautiful. I wanted everything to be very simple and twinkly (thats why there are candels everywhere!!) We made a trip to Ikea before the wedding and bought small lanterns and pillar candles these were dotted on the balconies, staircases and wall where the fountain is at the entrance. Everybody commented on how pretty and romantic it looked. We also used the chairs from the day which still had the covers on them this looked fab in the evening. For the day in the Bybrook we just kept everything quite simple again. I was very specific in what I wanted on each table and made the hotel work from a picture that I had taken of how I wanted each place setting to look (a little Bridezilla but hey - it looked fab in the end!)

How are your plans going??

xx
  • macysmummacysmum Posts: 3,230
    wow so lovely, can i ask which celebrity wedding?

love the sky lanterns. unfortunately due to space i cant heve them.

• SheikaukSheikauk Posts: 54
    Hi - plans going well. Actually flying to the UK tonight and have wedding appoitnemtns all next week! We are having our tasting at The Manor middle of next week. So excited!

Wedding breakfast will be in the Bybrook and then we have ajazz Band coming for the evening in the Dunstanville, I liked the look of the twinkly cloth, did your band bring that as an extra?

Funnily enough I was thinking about an Ikea trip for candles, will defo take your advice. Thanks! Sky Lanterns look fab, I will look the company up. Thanks again. Hope you are enjoying married life!

Off to do a (little) bit more work before I can escape to the airport...wooo...
  • Quoted:
    Hi - plans going well. Actually flying to the UK tonight and have wedding appoitnemtns all next week! We are having our tasting at The Manor middle of next week. So excited!

Wedding breakfast will be in the Bybrook and then we have ajazz Band coming for the evening in the Dunstanville, I liked the look of the twinkly cloth, did your band bring that as an extra?

Funnily enough I was thinking about an Ikea trip for candles, will defo take your advice. Thanks! Sky Lanterns look fab, I will look the company up. Thanks again. Hope you are enjoying married life!

Off to do a (little) bit more work before I can escape to the airport...wooo...

Glad all your plans are going well. How exciting you have your taste testing session this week. The food was so delicious. We hired the star cloth separetly through Studio 50 - Mike (The Manor have his contact details otherwise you can find him on internet!) Our Band didn't have one but I really think it made such a difference to the look of the room. When we spoke to Sarah yesterday she said she was going to advise every couple to have one as it adds something special to the room. We are loving married life - we are still buzzing from the day even after our two week Honeymoon in the Maldives. Funnily enough I am not missing the Wedding planning either as we had the most amazing day ever I wouldn't want to relieve it in any way.

Have a safe flight back - if you have any other questions let me know :\) x
  • Quoted:
    wow so lovely, can i ask which celebrity wedding?

love the sky lanterns. unfortunately due to space i cant heve them.

Thank you - the celeb wedding was Kevin Pieterson and Jessica Taylor (Liberty X) x
  • Hey Butterfly Blue!

Congrats! Your wedding photos look amazing and you both look so happy! I can't wait for my big day!

This may seem a strange question, but can you please tell me where your Mum got her outfit from? I was looking through your photos with my Mum and she adored the outfit!

Thank you so much!

Dee xx
  • Quoted:
    Hey Butterfly Blue!

Congrats! Your wedding photos look amazing and you both look so happy! I can't wait for my big day!

This may seem a strange question, but can you please tell me where your Mum got her outfit from? I was looking through your photos with my Mum and she adored the outfit!

Thank you so much!

Dee xx

Hi Dee,

Thanks for the message. My Mum will be pleased to here that somebody commented on her outfit!! She purchased it from a Boutique in Chipping Sodbury I believe the outfit is by Paddy Campbell (easily found on the internet if you type into Google) I would warn you that it can be quite costly. My Mums outfit was more expensive then my dress at £1500.

Hope this helps you.

Victoria xx
  • lilly-loulilly-lou Posts: 227
    Buterfly-Blue. Wow your photos look amazing, you must be so pleased with them. All the details look beautiful. Just wondering if i can ask about your cake as i love the ribbon and lace details - is the lace put on top of the ribbon, or did you manage to find ribbon with lace already attached to it?? Where did you get it from?

Thanks Lxxx
  • Amazing pics Butterfly blue. You look stunning - I really loved the sky lantern pics! x
  • LegacyUserLegacyUser Posts: 903
    your day looks a bit like mine very fairytale. stunning venue, thought mine was lush but yours looks amazing fair play. congrats xxx
  • Quoted:
    Buterfly-Blue. Wow your photos look amazing, you must be so pleased with them. All the details look beautiful. Just wondering if i can ask about your cake as i love the ribbon and lace details - is the lace put on top of the ribbon, or did you manage to find ribbon with lace already attached to it?? Where did you get it from?

Thanks Lxxx

Thank you so much for your lovely comments. We are very pleased with the photos we had the most amazing day. The cake was an idea that I got of another bride on this website. Vicki10? I purchased the lace and butterfly from her as her cake looked so amazing. I know that the lace is from MacCulloch and Wallis as we had to buy some extra due to the number of tiers we were having! It is expensive - but totally worth it. The ribbon was purchased by my cake maker so I am unable to tell you where that is from. I hope that this helps? If you have any other questions please just let me know. Good luck with the rest of your planning. xx
  • lilly-loulilly-lou Posts: 227
    Thank you so much for that info Butterfly Blue, i'll defo be buying some off the website. I remember Vicki10's cake as well, and yours looks just as lovely!!! Hope your honeymoon in the Maldives was fantastic!

Lxxxx