Hows every1 keepin track of the budget? Spreadsheets ideas?

Our budget planning seems to be all over the place and wanted to create some sort of spreadsheet or something to keep track of everything. Ive tried to use the 'budgeter' on here but I get even more confused!

What system is everyone else using and HOW?!!

• bentos1bentos1 Posts: 887
    i'ved used a spreasheet and put 3 columns

one with estimted cost, one with actual cost and one with deposits paid.

then a used a formlua to total up the estimated and actual cots to see where we saved and where we spent more.
  • I have a spreadsheet on Excel which i adapted from one i found on the net it totals at the bottom i can email it if you like xxx
  • megancolemegancole Posts: 127
    MrsBertram2B that wud b lovely if u cud! Im not very gud wiv the whole spreadsheet, chart part of computers! Im more of a clip-art sort of girl!

• shainesukshainesuk Posts: 708
    Hi Littlecoley,

If you sign up to this free newsletter you get a wedding planner excel spreadsheet that has a page for your budget (with columns for how much you've budgeted, actual cost etc and it totals it all for your), your guest list, table plan, etc etc. I don't tend to read the newsletters (though I probably should!) but I use the spreadsheet all the time!

http://www.cheap-wedding-success.co.uk/cheap-wedding-tips-newsletter.html

Sarah xx
  • abudukabuduk Posts: 565
    I'm not a geek, but I love spreadsheets, mine is a little more complicated. I have the following columns

Item i.e dress!

How many needed - 1 for me!

Cost per item

Total cost

Deposit paid

Balance

Date balance due

Finally I have a colour coded YES or NO column which literally used as a tick box

I have listed every single item, no matter how small or insignificant.

[Modified by: mrspayne2b on January 21, 2009 01:10 PM]

• Hey mrspayne2b, i love speadsheets too. my other half is great at spreadsheets but i cant quite persuade him to make me one hehe.

i would appreaciate an empty spreadsheet if you can spare it, my email is [email protected]

• Hello

I got a spreadsheet from a friend and it has loads of pages such as guest list and guests that have rsvp'd, venue costs, actual and estimated costs, seating plans and loads of other things at first i thought it would be way to complicated but its really helpful and you can work a rolling total so eveytime you add things it increases the amount spent. if anyone wants it let me know x
  • Hi just leave your email address and ill send anyone that wants a copy to you xxxxxx
  • Hi girls!

Hi would really appreciate it if any of you could email me your spread shhets!

Thanks! xx

[email protected]
  • IsabellaSu ive jsut sent mine across to you xxxx
  • Laura0701Laura0701 Posts: 1,455
    Quoted:
    I'm not a geek, but I love spreadsheets, mine is a little more complicated. I have the following columns

Item i.e dress!

How many needed - 1 for me!

Cost per item

Total cost

Deposit paid

Balance

Date balance due

Finally I have a colour coded YES or NO column which literally used as a tick box

I have listed every single item, no matter how small or insignificant.

If anyone would like a copy, I will happily provide mine and you can taylor it to suit your own wedding.

Oh you could be my saviour, would you send me a copy of yours please, my email is [email protected]

thank you so much xxx
  • Hi Mrspayne2b,

And guess what, could I be cheeky and ask for one to?

[email protected]

Thanks

Marie
  • Thanks MrsBertrum2B!

xxx
  • Hi, i would love you to email me a spreadsheet too. My email is [email protected]
  • struggling to pull my wedding off on a budget so if any of you lovely ladies could email me your spreadsheets that would be fabbie.

Thanks!
  • forgot to say my email is koran_mcauliffe hotmail com
  • chess4chess4 Posts: 1,831
    I've got a spreadsheet that list all the items neede and categorises them, e.g. Bride, Groom, Reception, Church and has all the smaller individual things under each heading. I then have a column detailing what each items is, the supplier, etc, then the amount we budgetted, the actual cost and a column for deposits and balances so I can put an amount and date paid in the box. Totals up at the bottom so I can see how the full 'real' total compares to our bugetted spend. Am glad that I am currently under!!!!
  • Quoted:
    Hello

I got a spreadsheet from a friend and it has loads of pages such as guest list and guests that have rsvp'd, venue costs, actual and estimated costs, seating plans and loads of other things at first i thought it would be way to complicated but its really helpful and you can work a rolling total so eveytime you add things it increases the amount spent. if anyone wants it let me know x

Hi could you possibly email me this?

[email protected]

Thanks so much
  • froogiesfroogies Posts: 402 New bride
    Hi,

I have made a spreadsheet that lists the item, then the cost/estimated cost of each item and in total, then the deposit paid, then what is left to pay with the total based on deposit paid, then a column that automatically inserts 'yes' or 'no' as to whether the total has been paid - e.g. 'yes' when the column showing what is left to pay reaches £0. If anyone would like a copy, feel free to email me at [email protected]
  • my goodness all these spreadsheets sound so much better than my pitiful attempts so far!

Could I possibly be included in the spreadsheet-emailing list please? image

I'm [email protected]

Thanks
  • MrsAA2BMrsAA2B Posts: 294
    oh and me too if possible!! mine is:

[email protected]

would appreciate any you can spare girls!
  • megancolemegancole Posts: 127
    Oh gosh u go bk 2 work 4 a few days n miss all the chat!

MrsBertrum2B if ur still here can i still get a copy of ur spreadsheet please?

My email is [email protected]

Thanx

xxx
  • hi could i have a copy to [email protected]

thanksimage
    Hi again,

Hearing about all these other amazing spreadsheets has made me think they are better than the one I got from that website!! I would be really grateful if anyone could send me one of their spreadsheets!

[email protected]

thank u! xxx
  • Quoted:
    Hello

Hi littlepea,

I'd really appreciate it if you could email it to me.

Thanks very much xx

Email [email protected]
  • hi lilpea i would really appreciate a copy of this spreadsheet would you please email me with it thanks xxx

[email protected]

• Hi i would realy appreciate any spredsheets people could email me. My address is [email protected]

Many Thanks xxx
  • anyeleyesanyeleyes Posts: 461
    Im so glad im not the only one.

I made myself a spread sheet in excel and was so please with myself as i remembered all the formula's from being back at school. I love it, i keep looking at it wanting to put stuff into it.
    Hi,

MrsPayne2b and MrsBertram2Be both very kindly sent me their spreadsheets when I posted on this thread (thank you both!!) so I've sent them to you twinklestars xx
  • olisseolisse Posts: 1,280
    My problem with the ready-made spreadsheets was their inflexibility - we all have different bits and pieces that they don't cater for. Mine has columns for everything imaginable! Plus an accounts section to take into account the money that we have saved so far plus the amount my parents are giving us, what has been paid, what has still to be paid plus exchange rates as we live in Spain so everything has to be done for sterling and euros! Excel is possibly the greatest invention ever! (that sounds so sad! lol!)