Glasgow City Council Flowers

Hi Ladies,

I was just wondering if any of you have enquired about or booked flowers through Glasgow City Council. They have been recommended to me on several occassions so might check them out.

For those of you who have booked with them, would you mind if I asked how much (roughly) you were quoted.

I have no idea what to ask for. From pew ends to pedestals it's all so confusing!!! image

Thanks x

• fitassukfitassuk Posts: 267
    Hi Poppet28,

We did not use them for flowers but we did hire trees through them. They are very friendly and my suggestion would be to go down to Queens Park and talk to someone in person. Have a look in some magazines to get an idea of what you want so that you can tell them in detail. If big displays if flowers seem too expensive have a look at the trees - they are £45 including fairy lights - they give a great effect.
  • Thanks Corbington.

I decided to make an appoitment with them. I've got lots of ideas and magazine cut-outs so I'll take them with me.

The idea of the fairy lights sounds lovely. I'll enquire about that too.

Thanks for the advice.

Poppet28 image
  • lachrob2lachrob2 Posts: 213

I used them for my wedding last May and would recommend them.

They hire out the fish bowls with flowers as well ...and they have a lovely selection of trees...

Prices were great and if you know anyone who works for the council you get a 10% discount too.

Hope this helps.

Sparkly2305