Who pays for what?

Ourselves, my parents and my H2B's parents are all going out for dinner on Friday to discuss budget and who will pay for what. Traditionally who pays for what?? At the moment I think we will be splitting it equally between the 3 of us.

Also - I am going to be the main contact for all supplies and will be paying for most things out of a newly opened wedding account. Is it cheeky to expects our parents to give the money so we can control what its spent on and how? I get the feeling they want to keep more control than I'm willing to give them.

• sairnysairny Posts: 87
    Traditionally the Brides parents pay for and plan most of a wedding, usually the grooms parents offer to pay for some things too, and the bride and groom pay for honeymoon, rings, church fees etc.

But these days there are no rules really, except that it is your wedding, and so you and htb should make sure that even if others are paying - you should have it how you both want it.

My mother is paying for the reception venue, catering and evening do, htb's parents are paying for the transport and evening music, and us the rest.

• rammyukrammyuk Posts: 1,608
    OURS HAS BEEN SPLIT IN 3 TOO WERE PAYIN FOR RINGS, SERVICE AND ALL THE BITS ALSO TOWARDS THE RECEPTION (MOST EXPENSVE)

£3K FROM BOTH OUR PARENTS
  • cathfachcathfach Posts: 160
    My parents are willing to pay for the reception which is the biggest part, the cake, and a few other bits. My H2B has not yet asked his parents if they would like to cnotribute. In weddings I have been involved in with faimly and friends, the brides faimly pays for the day do, and the groom's parents for the night do.