Pics!....Stressing over the Price of Chairs or Covers???

Please help me I'm havin a stress!!

I love this venue but hate the chairs! Just stressing about getting new chairs in and such a wierd shape, does anyone know any company that may cover them???

http://www.photobox.co.uk/album/103557939

• LisaK2bAustinLisaK2bAustin Posts: 185
    not sure about covers but if it gets that desperate i'd think about hiring nice chairs?
  • esskevanesskevan Posts: 1,033
    where abouts are you?
  • clairehickyclairehicky Posts: 131
    we've had major problems trying to find chair covers that fit ours, there the same as yours.

but we've finally found somewhere that is reasonably priced.

its costing £250 for 100 chair covers and sashes and there fitting them and picking them back up. which i think is quite reasonable. company is based in south yorkshire, i dont no how far they'll go out?

where abouts are you?

• LucyMarandolaLucyMarandola Posts: 269
    I was thinking chairs like barn style fold up but not sure?? Or silver chairs just stuck! all the curtains and bits and bobs will taken down and decorated so its nice to have a blank canvas.....

Based in the Midlands ;\)
  • wow lovely venue. Im in the East Midlands and have hired mine from rainbow linen hire they came in about 150 for 55 inc setting up etc and thats for linen table cloths aswell!
    Thanks Maz2b who are they will email and c need about 90 we think....and will also email rainbow linen thanks MrsC try and chill a bit now every cloud lol!!
    there website is www.treats4seats.co.uk

good luck xx
  • esskevanesskevan Posts: 1,033
    try ebay http://home-garden.shop.ebay.co.uk/items/Celebrations-Occasions__chair-covers_W0QQ_catrefZ1QQ_flnZ1QQ_ipgZ200QQ_sacatZ16086QQ_scZ1QQ_sopZ1QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em282

Also, before you book anywhere I would send them a picture of your chairs and ask them if their covers will fir your chairs.

I used covers for occassions http://www.covers4occasions.co.uk/

Karen xx
    yes definatley do as karengentles says, get samples first. i ordered from ebay and paid in full, recieved samples and none fit, albeit got an immediate full refund but its just more added stress!

its just easier to go with people who have already dressed your venue before.

ask your venue if they can recommend anyone?

ours was a difficult venue to find anyone who had dressed it before, its an old converted tucked away barn, rather than hotel/ village hall.

• swimselswimsel Posts: 110
    Ive just got mine from a company in South Yorkshire 99p each for cover and sash min quantity is 100 but £100 for them including set up and collection, able to do most colours. Great communication, lovely lady, she did not have my colour but will get in. Def recommend her
  • hollyandmatthollyandmatt Posts: 777
    hiya honey! did you see what i said i was doing about my chairs? My theme is black white and blue.. and my chairs at venue are red!! haha, so bit annoying, so that huge roll of fabric we both got, i ham going to wrap around top of chair then going to buy 50 black sashes also off ebay fo £30 ish and tie fabrid with a bow... bit of nipping and tucking, but will do the job and then i ahve the sashes etc to sell after which helps.... maybe you could do something like that to keep costs down?
  • hollyandmatthollyandmatt Posts: 777
    oh wow, just seen venue!! its gorgeous!! well done... i should have looked at chairs before i replied... mmmm... difficult one... i think youmay do better hiring chairs,,,, what i would suggest is ringing your local socail centres, charity organisation sor even your local council... try ringing around and offer a donation for the hir of the chairs... but then you have added issue of getting chairs there,,,

i think hiring plain chairs would prob work out cheaper then the chair covers and i agree wooden chairs would look brilliant
  • twinkle195twinkle195 Posts: 377
    Marquee companies hire chairs out, or maybe borrow them from local village hall or conference centre??

Good luck x
  • JAX1145JAX1145 Posts: 1,742
    Oh its a lovely venue and the chairs def let it down!!!... i would look in to hiring new chairs!!!

jax
  • I dont know where your venue is but this is the price list I was given today by www.whitestonehire.co.uk

01933 400422 14 www.whitestonehire.co.uk

FURNITURE

FUPOS

Bar/Poser Tables 55in Height - 2 tier

each

FUFT

Folding Tables 3' x 2' 6in (melamine tops)

each

FURT4

Round Tables 4' -Steel folding legs

each

FURT5

Round Tables 5' -Steel folding legs

each

FURT6

Round Tables 6' -Steel folding legs

each

FUTT2

Trestle Tables 2' x 6' 6in -Steel folding legs

each

FUTT

Trestle Tables 2' 6in x 6' -Steel folding legs

each

FUFC

Folding Chairs Flat White

each

FUBCR

Banquet Chairs Red (Gold Frame) steel

each

FUBCB

Banquet Chairs Royal Blue (Gold Frame) Aluminium

each

FUCR

Coat Rails

each

FUCH

Coat Hangers

per 10

FUHC

High Chairs

each

FUB

Benches

each

FURBIN

Black Dustbin

each

FUGSB

Gilt Spindle Back Banquet Chairs with pad

each

FUSSB

Silver Spindle Back Banquet Chairs with pad

each

FUBC

White Bistro Chair

each

FUPC

Patio Chairs

each

FUPT

Patio Tables

each

FUPUBW

Patio Umbrellas (Dark Blue & White Panels)

each

FUPB

Patio Bases for umbrellas

each

FUPUG

Patio Umbrella (Dark Green)

each

FUPUB

Patio Umbrella (Dark Blue)

each

PATIO FURNITURE
    Quoted:
    oh wow, just seen venue!! its gorgeous!! well done... i should have looked at chairs before i replied... mmmm... difficult one... i think youmay do better hiring chairs,,,, what i would suggest is ringing your local socail centres, charity organisation sor even your local council... try ringing around and offer a donation for the hir of the chairs... but then you have added issue of getting chairs there,,,

i think hiring plain chairs would prob work out cheaper then the chair covers and i agree wooden chairs would look brilliant

Ok Holly you are the princess of the world lol!! Decided to get some more tulle if we can! or get some off ebay and dress the tops of the chairs and pull it at the back tie with a band cover with ivy.....What do you think? Just trying to save money image
  • amunkushamunkush Posts: 109
    Quoted:
    Please help me I'm havin a stress!!

I love this venue but hate the chairs! Just stressing about getting new chairs in and such a wierd shape, does anyone know any company that may cover them???

http://www.photobox.co.uk/album/103557939

Hi huni ...im based in wakefield and have 100 white satin tie back chair covers for hire...i can post them to you with a return slip too for £25 and hire you the covers for £1.00 each ...they WILL fit your chairs as they are very versitile...and easy to put over the chair and dress too...they are ..parden the punn.. but like pillow cases ...place over the chair and siply grab each corner and tie around the back...??

if you are interested let me kno ..xx

Carrieanne

ps: venue is gorgeous xxxx
  • chezzukchezzuk Posts: 171
    swimel, just a quick question what was them company called you used? the company Ive booked have done a runner with my money and Ive got to try and find some more at good prices but now can't afford alot...thanks
  • fizzystickfizzystick Posts: 237
    iv got my chir covers from a company called elegant finishing touches based in oswerstry!!She charges &1.50 a chair and 25p sashes.She does cotton covers and also spandex!We have chosen spandex as it looks clean and clings nicley to our chairs rather than look loose.The ladys name is jo and shes really helpful.If you say you seen she had a advert in The wedding ideas book then you get 10% discount too,cant be bad!!