Yikes! One More Sleep! Updated with Hen report!

Lovely BBB's,

I cannot believe it, but tomorrow I am off on my Hen weekend!

It is so strange because despite the spreadsheets, the many parcels of bridal goodies piled high in my old bedroom at my mum's, not to mention my Bobby Dazzler on my left hand, it has only just dawned on me that this is real! I am getting married!

We are going tomorrow afternoon to the most gorgeous and stylish barn conversion (http://www.stayinstyleuk.com/burggraaf_home.html) and my fantastic sister, AKA Chiefy, has organised a wonderful array of treats! Some are a surprise; however I know that tomorrow we are having a Cocktail party by the spectacular indoor pool/outdoor hot tub. Saturday evening we are going for my favourite food - fish, at a local restaurant that the owners of stay in style have recommended. On Sunday we are having a Pyjama Party Pamper day with two therapists coming to the venue for some indulgent treats!

I am so excited, although a little apprehensive as I haven't drunk to excess since our Engagement party last July! My 20 and 22 year old cousins/bridesmaids/party animals have assured me they are bringing tequila, jaegar bombs and sambucca! I fear for my health already!

I will, of course, post a full transcript of events along with the incriminating photographs!

Wish me luck!

Lotte x

[Modified by: Lotte32 on 26 May 2009 15:34:21 ]

• zxy_hannahzxy_hannah Posts: 34
    Hi Lotte!

How fantastic that it's your hen do! You must be sooo excited! I had to post a reply because I remember you are getting married at Wentworth, as am I and we are going to the same place for our hen dos!! What a bizarre coincidence! The properties look so lovely and i can't wait for mine although it is in October so quite some time away! Have a really fabulous time and report back with pictures!

love H

xxx

[Modified by: hanmay on May 21, 2009 12:55 PM]

• lotte3lotte3 Posts: 378
    H, I cannot believe that! How bizarre!

I have also met a lovely girl on here who is getting married the weekend after us at Wentworth. She is having my cousin/florist - Rebecca Ellis to do her flowers, and she is also going to the same destination on honeymoon - South Africa and Mauritius! Spooky! I suppose great minds think alike!

Great minds do think alike! Oh yes I remember you mentioning Rebecca was your cousin. Our wedding co-ordinator at Wentworth is also called Rebecca Ellis and they often get confused when I call for her!

So you have lots of surprise planned for you?! How exciting! Any clues on what they are?

I am also going through Rebecca, it was the decider on Wentworth actually. I thought it was fate that the lovely lady I was dealing with had the same name as my fab cousin!

It does sound like fate!

I'm sorry to hijack your thread but I have one small question - are you having chair covers and if so who is doing them?

Just trying to sort this out at the moment!

Thank you!

xxx

[Modified by: hanmay on May 21, 2009 01:36 PM]

No problem at all. Rebecca's Mum has a business doing chair covers, if you call rebecca on 07863 562939. She does a lot at Wentworth so is really au fait with the layout etc..

xx
  • Chubbs1ukChubbs1uk Posts: 2,013
    Have a wonderful weekend Lotte! Sounds lovely and the house is stunning! Looking forward to hearing all about it! xx
  • cottontail1ukcottontail1uk Posts: 601
    How exciting, sounds like the perfect hen weekend to me. Enjoy xx
    Thanks girls. I am so excited! Only 1 hour and 39 minutes left at work, then off to weigh in at my slimming group and home to pack! Yipee!
  • Have a wonderful wonderful time!! x
  • lochwinnoch35lochwinnoch35 Posts: 949
    Have a fantastic time. X
  • SIANCHIKSIANCHIK Posts: 301
    Hope you have a fantastic time! You've picked a good weekend for it - forecast is looking good!

Look forward to reading the report soon...

• jellybeans120jellybeans120 Posts: 2,002
    How exciting, fab plans! Cant wait to hear about it
    Thank you so much for all the kind wishes. I have posted the full report of the Hen weekend on the August 09 brides section, please follow the link below.......

http://www.youandyourwedding.co.uk/chatroom/topic/204036

xxxx
  • have a wonderful time lotte and remember to post some pics next week.....x
    Hi girls,

I have posted the following on the August 09 page, but here it is for my BBB chums. I will add some more photos as and when I can.

xxxxxx

Thank you for all your kind messages. The Hen Weekend was fab, really just what I wanted. I am not an all day drinker, so we had the perfect mix of chillaxing and partying! Here is a brief run down of the events!

My sister aka Chiefy and one of my cousins left at 1pm from her house with a boot full of scrumptious goodies and supplies for the weekend ahead. It was so exciting. My sis and I made everyone little goody bags with a Compilation CD of all my favourite songs, some lovely Thalgo bits from her beauty salon, some little fluffy slippers, a bottle of water, some detox stuff you pour into water, some paracetomol, a little bracelet with a pretend engagement ring attached and a mask for everyone to wear when we went for dinner. Mine also had a -Gorgeous' pink wig!

I was interviewed briefly on BBC Radio London as we left. It was Elvis day and I chose my favourite Elvis song (In the Ghetto) in celebration of our weekend ahead and also in memory for my lovely friend Kate who sadly died 2 years ago on 30th May. (It was the last song I sang as a professional singer shortly after Kate died. I know she will be looking down at me and smiling on my wedding day and I don't want her to think I have forgotten,)

As I have mentioned before, we were staying at this amazing barn conversion down in Dorset. It was absolutely stunning, all decorated in Designers Guild, had an outside hot tub, indoor pool and sauna and was built in the middle of nowhere as a little haven of luxury.

Friday night we had a pool party and we all dressed in our bikinis/cossies and sundresses. My sister announced a game of pass the parcel, however, I didn't realise all the parcels were for me! The girls had brought me a surprise gift each, which was so thoughtful. I got Dirty Dancing from one of my school friends in memory of the 1000's of times we rented it on video as Patrick Swayze crazed 13 year olds! I also got books on how to be the perfect wife 1950's style, Bride Wars on DVD, some Molton Brown goodies and lots of other gorgeous bits and pieces.

Its is also mine and my sister's birthdays this coming weekend and my cousins had these fantastic 'photo cakes' made using rather embarassing family holiday photos from when we were teenagers!

One of my friends, Amy had a little bit too much champagne that night and much to our susprise announced the only possible cure for her was to have an emergency Carling at 10am Saturday morning! Yikes! My sister and I were in the middle of making a huge cooked breakfast for everyone and then we saw this vision of palour go to the fridge and crack open a beer! After which she said she felt much better!

Saturday daytime we went to Lyme Regis which was about 20 minutes away. We went for a lovely walk along the beach and then had an ice cream at this gorgeous little caf???? called Rinky Tinks.

Saturday night we donned our glad rags and went to a really gorgeous fish restaurant in West Bay. We got lots of looks from the locals who obviously weren't used to seeing 12 highly glammed girls in masks walking through their high street! The food was gorgeous, lots of locally caught fish, my absolute favourite.

http://img3014.photobox.co.uk/698197462b227380b99e9e5c9740a3d7b6f61d45a5ac6baa7a079a7f307a334698b92435.jpg

When we came back my two youngest cousins had done a Mr & Mrs quiz with questions from my darling h2b, Lee and raspberry sambucca as a forfeit! It became quite messy at this point! We also discovered that the sister property adjoining us was housing a stag do! A few of the adventurous single girls went across and checked out the 12 surgeons who were all dressed in black tie next door!

Sunday daytime with monster hangovers we had much needed beauty treatments and did lots of sunbathing during the day. We were so lucky with the weather. In the evening we had a pyjama party. My fab Mum had made this gorgeous Beef Strogonoff for everyone and we had a complete chick flick fest. So we started with Bride Wars which I loved (my favourite line is 'A vera Wang is not fitted to you, you make yourself fit a Vera!' Something I am currently trying to do!), then the classic Dirty Dancing, (lots of Swayze swooning and calling out the script) and finally it was Wedding Date (with the gorgeous Dermot Mulroney!).

It might not have been the wildest Hen weekend ever, there were some willy strawers used in the privacy of our residence only! However my sister did an amazing job of making it perfect for me!

I have realised how wonderful she is and I am so lucky to have her as my Chief Bridesmaid.

I hope that you all have an equally gorgeous Hen Do's.

xxx

Here is a link to my photo album from the Hen Weekend!

http://www.photobox.co.uk/my/album?album_id=113957231

Hope it works!
  • Chubbs1ukChubbs1uk Posts: 2,013
    Photo's are great Lotte! Looks like you had a fab time! xxx
  • manolofanmanolofan Posts: 219
    Photo's are brilliant, looks like you had a fantastic time xx
    Thanks girls, it was amazing! xxx