Forum home The wedding budget

I'm in love with.........my dress!!

Hello ladies!

Today I had the most exciting day since the wedding planning started last year! I saw my wedding dress for the first time!! It was love at first sight!! To give you a bit of background I had decided to order a combination of two gowns by Suzanne Neville and so had no idea how the actual dress will look like as it didn't exist until it was made for me image The dress is stunning and I can't wait to wear it on my wedding day!

The bad (or good) news is that the dress is too big!! I am thinner than I was a month ago at my toile fitting and so the bodice needs to be taken in. I haven't actually lost that much weight (only about 1kg) but Suzanne measured me and said I have gone down a whole dress size! I can't really explain it as I haven't been dieting really. It may be the result of regular gym sessions and it probably means that all the weight has come off my upper body. In any case the dress will be altered and I will try it again on the 11 June to make sure it fits and I am happy with it.

It also means I need to be careful not to lose any more weight between now and the wedding because I want to make sure I fit into my stunning dress!! I think I will order desert when we go out for dinner tonight ;\)

I'm so excited about my dress I can't stop smiling image

Happy dress trials ladies!! I hope you all enjoy it as much as I did.

Lilla

xxx

• JanieKukJanieKuk Posts: 395
    Yeh! I'm so pleased for you! Its a lovely feeling when you love your dress!

I don't get to see mine til September and I'm hoping that I will love it just as much!

When are you getting married?
  • holbakerholbaker Posts: 198
    Hi Lilla

What dresses did you combine? Im going for my toile fitting with Suzanne in August and I cant wait! Im on a desperate attempt to lose my last stone (got rid of 1 and a half already) before then so that she wont have to do loads of alterations closer to the wedding. Congrats by the way on the weight loss!

• LillaukLillauk Posts: 61
    Thanks girls!

The wedding is on the 11 July so not long to go....it all feels very real all of a sudden. We have quite a lot of wedding related items in the house, we are constantly asked about our plans....when are you getting married?

I have combined the fontaines bodice with the Solandra skirt and it's just perfect!! Which dress did you go for Mrsblue&silver?

Lilla

xx
  • mandy123ukmandy123uk Posts: 56
    Hi Lilla

I also decided to go for a combination of two gowns the bodies is short antonett and the skirt of a dress called bruilly now discontinued.Im very nervious about it but cant wait and i feel so special! Im going for my toile fitting on the 3rd of june, not sure what to expect but cant wait!Its all very stressful!

AmandaX

• LillaukLillauk Posts: 61
    Hi Amanda,

I know what you mean about being nervus about the choice as it's difficult to visulise the dress. But all the dresses are fantastic!! I was really excited from the moment I saw the dress on the hanger....!!! The toile fitting is a rather unexciting part of the process. I was more excited about actually meeting Suzanne for that fitting (it's very interested to see her work!). Where did yoy order your dress from?

I hope the rest of your plans are going well.

Lilla

xx
  • holbakerholbaker Posts: 198
    Hi Lilla

I went for Lourdes, it is in the latest collection have you seen it? Its not on the website but a little mini pic of it is in the latest issue of you and your wedding on the catwalk pages. Going back to try it on again on 16th July, apparently the new collection will be in the knightridge shop by then im just hoping there arn't any new dresses that are better (not that I think I could love any dress on me more than mine)

xx