Forum home The wedding budget

Late night nibbles?

Hiya

We're trying to think of something to feed guests at about 11pm (dinner will be at about 6.30 and the reception goes on till 1). We don't need a full evening buffet as all the guests will have had dinner, but just something for people to nibble at if they get peckish.

Any ideas? I know it's popular to do bacon or sausage sandwiches at this time, but they're not so nice when cold and I really want something that people can come back to over the course of the evening.

So far cheese and biscuits is the best we can think of ... but I wondered if anyone could suggest something a bit more imaginative? I think the venue can do pretty much anything (within reason!)

thanks!

• Chubbs1ukChubbs1uk Posts: 2,013
    Hi lrbpie - We are having the bacon sarnie idea but we are expecting people to eat them all warm.

Cheese and biscuits is good, also, what about pitta bread and dips? You could do a sort of lebanese buffet. (Can you tell I have just come back from Cairo and have this type of food on my mind?! :lolimage

• Pippa155Pippa155 Posts: 1,144
    Hey Irbpie,

My sister had a Raclette thingy (I am sure there is a technical term) and it went down really well....people could just come and nibble over the course of the evening....

xxx
  • veryhappymrsveryhappymrs Posts: 1,374
    You could do cheese and biscuits but get a cheese cake to make it more interesting, and put out chutneys, biscuits, breads, and cold meats and make it like a ploughmans. You could ask you venue to cut the cake up and leave it there too.

We are eating a little earlier than you, about 5.30 and are doing a hog roast in the evening prob about 9-10 just before the fireworks- i figure the hog will lure everyone outside for the fireworks! and they said the hog will keep warm so that might be an idea for you too?

• PuddleDuck77PuddleDuck77 Posts: 304
    We actually had bacon baps, cheese toasties & cones of fries. We didn't finish the wedding breakfast until 8pm & I was worried noone would eat anything at 10.30 but the hotel had to do extra! By that stage the booze needed soaking up and it all went so quickly!! I didn't get a look in! We had some fab comments from people as they loved it!

xxx