circa brides anyone?

Hello ladies,

I'm new to this chatroom - getting married on 25 September 2010. I've got a number of good tips already - thanks everyone. I love cox and cox!

I'm wondering if anyone else has bought or tried on a dress from Circa brides in London? I am in love with the Grace dress. http://www.circabrides.com/vintage-wedding-dress-grace.html

Thanks for any feedback!

hannahhearts

• roserarosera Posts: 96
    Hi Hannah,

I visited and tried on dresses (Martha and Ava) at Circa brides in Fulham. The assistant was great - attentive but also gave us time to chat alone. We'd booked an appointment but it was really empty and had no disturbances at all. You are trying on in a curtained corner of the shop so maybe make sure you've substantial undies on just in case someone comes in!

They did only have about two sizes of each dress when I tried on and they were both quite small which was hard. I nearly went with the Ava but in end found a different short dress. I also had great fun trying on some other vintage dresses.

It was a fun shopping experience - Happy Shopping,

rx
  • Thanks a lot rosera - I'm happy to know they are friendly. Do you remember what size dresses they had?

Congratulations on choosing a dress! hhx
  • roserarosera Posts: 96
    Hmmm I'm a size 10 and I think I needed to wear a 12, or I just about squeezed in the 10 but it was way too tight.. Sorry I can't quite remember - so not sure how much use this reply has been! rx
  • Definitely a help! thanks a lot.

Shame about the small sizes! I'm a 12-14!

hhx
  • Hi Hannahhearts,

I haven't been there, got my dress elsewhere but I have looked and the dresses are beatuiful! Have you got an appointment? Let us know how you get on or what you decide.

Lots of luck

pG x
  • Quoted:
    Hi Hannahhearts,

I haven't been there, got my dress elsewhere but I have looked and the dresses are beatuiful! Have you got an appointment? Let us know how you get on or what you decide.

Lots of luck

pG x

Hi pG,

Yes, I have an appointment in a couple of weeks - really looking forward to it.

Have you picked your dress yet?

hhx