My mum is the best

Our wedding is being done on a budget. H2B has been jobless for the last 6 months (just started a new job this week, but need to clear his overdraft, back payments on bills etc). We're just taken on a new house which will prob use most of his wages up to pay and my most of my wages pays towards our cars and bills etc, so we dont have much spare at the end of a month. We dont want to put the wedding back so we decided to just budget alot. Anyways, my mum has just offered to pay for my dress and shoes image considering she's making our cake too and helping with the evening buffet.

• XabiukXabiuk Posts: 1,686
    thats good news claire!

weddings can be done on a budget - you just have to priortise whats important to you. when do you get married?x
  • thats a nice thing for her to do
  • a budget means you have to watch your pennies and make sense of what your spenting. You have a good mum who obvisly wants to make you happy. My mums wedding cost under a grad the dresses were all made my gran made cake and all food the rings were basic and they drove no special car ant yet my family all still talk about how nice my mums wedding was cheap does not mean nasty
  • a budget means you have to watch your pennies and make sense of what your spenting. You have a good mum who obvisly wants to make you happy. My mums wedding cost under a grad the dresses were all made my gran made cake and all food the rings were basic and they drove no special car ant yet my family all still talk about how nice my mums wedding was cheap does not mean nasty
  • puntobabepuntobabe Posts: 446
    the wedding is June 08, so still plenty of time to go, but still loads to sort out
  • devilsice1devilsice1 Posts: 140
    ahh that's really nice that your mum is helping out, i'm sure you will have a lovely day after living on less money etc, glad things are looking up for you.
  • sally1403sally1403 Posts: 14
    Mum's are great aint they at least you have a bit of time to save up pennies
  • julie444ukjulie444uk Posts: 2,129
    Mums are great! thats good news and weight off your mind i bet?

We are paying for all our wedding but mum is paying for my dress and sisters dresses which is nice because i no she hasnt much money.

I love my mum.

Julie
  • louiseglasheenlouiseglasheen Posts: 1,643
    Bless her, isn't that lovely. We didnt' expect any money off either of our mums as they are both on their own, both doing OK but not with a lot to spare but my mum gave me £2K and said do with it what you need so I've bought my dress and BM's dresses from it. Fantastic and so unexpected.