Sweets for Sweet Table??

Hi, i have decided to do a sweet table, the jars are pretty cheap, but the sweets to fill them are going to end up costing a fortune!! Is anyone else having a sweet table, where did you get your bargain sweets?? thanks x x

• Do you have/know anyone with a Macro card? We're planning to borrow one to stock up on sweets!
  • LadylawLadylaw Posts: 368
    Have you looked at Chocolatebuttons.co.uk

A few girls on here have used them and they come the next day. Not that badly priced either

• The pound shops around my area have a full stock of all the old retro sweets ...and they're in date lol !!! try one of those ?!image
  • Query - where has this fad for a sweet table come from? I've heard them mentioned quite a lot but tbh don't really see the point.

It is instead of giving out favours, or having a pudding?
  • We are having one for when the photo's are being taken etc as we are not paying the rip off prices for the canapes lol! image
  • CSW_NottsCSW_Notts Posts: 10
    think its another yank thing! We are having one for the evening do as refuse to pay £27.50 for a buffet pp so having a sweet shop, bacon cobs and homemade chip cones! Getting the sweets from Costco, Macro and these websites are really good:

http://www.sweetsncandy.co.uk/default.asp

http://www.aquarterof.co.uk/index.php

I want all the old sweets I had when I was little like loveheart lipsticks, chocolate in the foil cup, magic wands etc I keep raiding the charity shops for glass bowls/sweet jars!
  • We are doing it instead of favours and to bulk out our evening food.
  • im having candy buffet table because i wanted something different for evening and thought chocolate fountains too messy and too common now, ive never been to wedding with candy buffet table. mine isnt too expensive and the way the people set it up with lights etc is amazing
  • My theme is gold and ivory and i just bought yellow striped almost gold lol sweet bags. They are really cute! image
  • zetasilverzetasilver Posts: 33
    hi

everyone loved the candy buffet at our wedding last month!! it went down great...big kids and little kids loved it lol!!! bought loads of sweets from pound shops, asda and sainsbuys(3 pks for a £1) its a little treat for everyone to enjoy and trust me they love it!! i bought bowls, jars and vases from wilkinsons, sainsburys and poundland and sweet bags, scoops and tongs from ebay..i also tied ribbon round the scoop handles and jars etc..looked and tasted fab!!
  • zetasilverzetasilver Posts: 33
    hi

everyone loved the candy buffet at our wedding last month!! it went down great...big kids and little kids loved it lol!!! bought loads of sweets from pound shops, asda and sainsbuys(3 pks for a £1) its a little treat for everyone to enjoy and trust me they love it!! i bought bowls, jars and vases from wilkinsons, sainsburys and poundland and sweet bags, scoops and tongs from ebay..i also tied ribbon round the scoop handles and jars etc..looked and tasted fab!!
  • h4baineh4baine Posts: 70
    When are you getting married? Try hitting up the sales after Halloween!
  • flower88ukflower88uk Posts: 1,350
    thankyou so much for the sweetsncandy link! image
  • HannikinsHannikins Posts: 1,046
    can we see some piccies?
  • RuRu1ukRuRu1uk Posts: 107
    I am doing a sweet bar for the evening reception where we have about 100 people! How many sweets are you buying or how much do you think I should get for this amount of people? xx