Photo and memory book

Hi girls just wanted your views

Have seen a posting on here for a polaroid photo book to use at reception loved the idea but kit seemed a bit expensive as we would need a bigger album than supplied and wanted it all in one book. So am gonna ask uncle to do pictures at reception once everyone has had acouple of drinks and relaxing not formal shots just doing whatever they are doing at the time and going to give them each a slip to write a good luck message on in fact have decided to include a slip in with invites asking people not to worry about wedding cards as they can put message on slips and then we can put whole lot together ourselves

let me know what you think or any saggestions you can add

• higgyuk1higgyuk1 Posts: 1,225
    I think that sounds lovely, and much better than buying an expensive kit. It's a good idea putting slips in with the invites.
  • Hannah9ukHannah9uk Posts: 124
    That sounds really nice I think too!

Have you tried looking in your local craft shop for a scrap-booking kit (or online)? The whole kit would be ideal. In fact on Create & Craft (sky 661 or there abouts) they had a wedding scrap booking kit for less than £20 including postage and an album.

Then you could really make it a work of art!
  • KenyatwoKenyatwo Posts: 945
    Thanks girls like idea of create our own will let you know how i get on
  • mrsrabietobemrsrabietobe Posts: 256
    Hi Kenyatwo!

I wonder if it was my post you looked at...

Anyway I was gonna get a polaroid camera (which costs like £25 from Argos), but instead now are going to put blank cds on tables for guests to download their photos, then send to us!

That way we can just print which ones we like at a kiosk or order online.

We are also going to send everyone a decorated page (to fit in with the theme) with the invites, so they can fill in a lovely message beforehand, to put with the photos, instead of a quickly scrawled message which can seem rushed and impersonal...

When you getting married? Would love to see how you get on!

Here is the link for the polaroid kit if you change your mind:

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5601356.htm
    Not til november in Kenya so really wanted this for the evening What about you
  • mrsrabietobemrsrabietobe Posts: 256
    Yours is sooner than mine!

I have to wait till April in South Africa - but let us know how yours go! You must be so excited...
  • cwukcwuk Posts: 324
    Hi, I got the polaroid guest books on ebay, they were £70 for 2 x 35 polariod books and were shipped from America so took 6 weeks with engraving but still cheaper than the UK and would be delivered within 2 weeks if you didn't want the engraved plaques for the front..

[Modified by: Mrs S to be on May 29, 2007 01:50 PM]
    Am getting more excited by the day!! We booked cake last week and dress shop have just phoned to say swatch for bridesmaid dress is in:\)