Cost of flowers

Me and H2B are going to look at some florists tomorrow, but I have no idea what a good price is for what we need, which is:

1 * Bridal Bouquet

3 * Bridesmaids Bouquets

2 * Flowergirl wands

1 * Corsage

7 * Buttonholes

What would be a reasonable price for all that? Ideally we don't want to spend more than £200-£300. Do you think this is possible? image

• Well here is where you do your research... At a wedding fayre I got quoted for my bouquet, BM bouquet, 7*buttonholes and centre pieces for 8 tables £500. It was very very basic centrepieces as well I was horrified. I ended up going to a local village florist who is doing something much more flmaboyant for me, and I'm getting it all for £198.

I think for what you want I can't see why it wouldn't be do-able, although it would also depend on the location of your wedding as well
  • abkbabkb Posts: 313
    Have you considered artificial flowers? I was completely set on real flowers, but then I heard about a lady on ebay who had had lots of good reviews. I ordered a little bouquet just to see what the quality was and honestly it is gorgeous! I've already payed a deposit for a florist though, so I totally don't know what to do now!
  • We're getting married in Chester so I can imagine flowers being on the cheaper side I think! We were going to go to a couple of garden centres near us (Daleside and Gordale for people who live in the area!) and a small florists down the road from us.

I've thought about artificial flowers but not done much research into it. I was considering Blooming Gorgeous, but one of the girls on here had a terrible time with them and it put me off!

abkb, if you don't mind me asking, who is the lady on ebay? I might look her up!
  • Here is what I paid

My bouquet £50

Button holes £5

corsages for ladies £7.50

centre pieces £30

hair flowers 2.30

Be careful as there is sometimes a delivery charge - I got stung for £25 for delivery and set up which I didn't know about!
  • I have artificial flowers, they are gorgeous! i got mine from ebay the seller is startrekvoyagercats and I can thoroughly recommend them image
  • chki22chki22 Posts: 1,076
    I think your budget of £200 - £300 will be perfect for what you are wanting. It all depends on what types of flowers you would like, much much better to go with flowers that are in season. Hand tied bouquets can more often be cheaper than the shower bouquets xxx
  • chki22chki22 Posts: 1,076
    I think your budget of £200 - £300 will be perfect for what you are wanting. It all depends on what types of flowers you would like, much much better to go with flowers that are in season. Hand tied bouquets can more often be cheaper than the shower bouquets xxx
  • mrs2be2010mrs2be2010 Posts: 235
    Just about! Based on what we are paying our florist it would be just over £300 but it depends what type of flowers you want, some are alot cheaper than others!
  • abkbabkb Posts: 313
    Flyingspaghettimonster- I tried to message you back but it isn't working grr! I forgot you were getting married at the same place as me! If you want to chat more my email addy is [email protected] image seeing as I can't send pm's!

The flowers on ebay were from the seller 'sharell123' - like I said, I was completely against getting artificial until I saw these!
  • jonnyc0151jonnyc0151 Posts: 89
    hi,

there is a florist in chester called fleurtatious chester who is doing a package for £250 which includes

1 brides bouquet,

2 bm bouquets,

6 button holes,

10 table displays, designed and delivered.

i know this isnt exactly what you wanted but you would be able to negotiate because of the table centres.

i havent used them but i saw it one day when i was out shopping and they have a facebook page also that they update quite regularly. xx
  • toeslandtoesland Posts: 132
    were having a mixture of both real and fake.
  • lh466lh466 Posts: 263
    I went to finalise mine yesterday and it's costing £425 for 1 bouquet (£80), two bridesmaid pomanders (£30 each), 5 wrist corsages (£10 each), about 11 buttonholes (from £3 to £5 depending on how fancy), centrepieces are £25 each (I'm having 9). It really depends on your flowers, my bouquet is a lot because I'm having peonies and roses with no greenery. Roses are about £3 per stem, as are peonies and hydrangeas, things like carnations and gerberas are as cheap as chips but don't go with they style I wanted. I think you should be fine as you don't want centrepieces.x
  • n_e_rosen_e_rose Posts: 1,562
    bumping, to bet wholesalers
  • Well it was very interesting, I was expecting the garden centres to be abit cheaper but I was wrong! The florist in Queensferry I was planning to go to was closed, but there was another one across the road (Flowers at number 30) and I was really impressed. The lady there was very knowledgeable and wasn't forceful at all. The prices are actually fairly similar to alot if the artificial flowers on ebay. She had loads of pictures there and they are stunning. I'm going to think about it before I make a decision. I ordered a buttonhole from an ebay seller (Sharell123) so I can see the quality of the artificial flowers but to be honest, if I had to make a decision right now, I'd go with the florist I saw. I'll let you know what I decide in the end! Thanks for all the help/advice image
  • Cheap flowers, from serenata flowers there always good, are you looking for real or imitation flowers?