Cost of suit hire

Hi ladies,

Ive been quoted £107.00 for suit hire, waistcoat, shirt, shoes and cravat etc. The suit itself is £69.95, does this sound reasonable?

Thanks

• shelleyf30shelleyf30 Posts: 3,971
    I paid £115 per suit and £80 for a childs suit

Its shocking isn't it.
  • McGee2BeMcGee2Be Posts: 171
    Sounds reasonable we got 7 adult suits and 1 childs, that's suit, patterned waistcoat, tie, shirt but no shoes for just over £500 but got a deal where the groom's was free. I think with shoes as well your's sounds about right image
  • 0902201009022010 Posts: 51
    Our's (cutaway morning suit) is £90 including shoes with one free suit for every 5 suits hired. So you're in the right price bracket.
  • GoldsGirlGoldsGirl Posts: 497
    youngs is about £30 pp cheaper than Moss Bros. Take a peek. x
  • MrsRadcliffe1MrsRadcliffe1 Posts: 3,524
    We have gone with Moss Bro's who are slightly more expensive but more selection in suits and waistcoats. We found that youngs waistcoats were mostly swirled patterns.

Adults we have paid £85 and children £75. Probably would of worked out cheaper if we had just bought them from somewhere lol.

H2B is wearing Lingfield grey with tails image xx
  • this is making my eyes water, I didn't realise it would be so much! image
  • neither did i!!!! i am going to look into buyiny them i think i know debhanams sell fancy waistcoats and cravats and at least then they get to keep what they wear
  • kem2011kem2011 Posts: 173
    Might be worth looking around as there are so many sales on atm. My H2B just brought a normal suit in the sales for £45 - this was just for jacket and trousers though, we still need to go shopping for the waistcoat and shoes.
  • louzzuklouzzuk Posts: 489
    Ours is costing £49.99 for the suit, cravat, waistcoat and shirt (no shoes), if you order 5 you get one free and childrens are £39.99. It was from Dyfed Menswear. They had loads to choose from, cheaper and more expensive.
  • 0902201009022010 Posts: 51
    Most sensible thing, surely, is to buy the waistcoats and cravats, or just the cravats (around £7.99 + £1.99 for the pin from ebay), then ask the groomsmen to hire or buy their own morning suits (specify a style and even a store if you must have an exact style match). Like dinner suits, it saves you money to buy a morning suit if you're going to wear it a few times anyway and beside the exact shade of grey, they're extremely similar in style.

My other half attended 2 weddings last year and has 4 this year. A £350 morning suit, which will last for years, is cheaper for these 6 weddings than hiring a new one every time. He is only in the wedding party for 1 of these so even if he had to buy a new suit in a new style, it still saves a lot of money in a short period of time. And the older you get, the more you'll need a morning suit so the more value it becomes.

Look at it this way - if your groomsmen were not groomsmen, they'd still hire a suit and attend the wedding, so why pay for their suits but not the other guests?
  • sazitepesazitepe Posts: 61
    Ours were £83 each and thats an Edward Suit, shirt, cravat, waistcoat and top hat, although h2b not going to wear top hat
  • MrsBaxter2bMrsBaxter2b Posts: 111
    Hey! i haven't looked at suits yet but has anyone had to pay a deposit thats more than the suit itself?? i've had a place where suit is 90 quid and then 200 deposit! i know its only a deposit and we'll get it back but what if we dont!? image