Having trouble deciding on table linen - opinions please :)

I can't decide between two completely different looks for our wedding and would appreciate opinions!

We're having 50 people for a wedding weekend, very close family and friends, so it's an intimate wedding. How the table is decorated is very important to me and the colour scheme is aubergine, champagne and dusky pink.

I can't decide between dark tablecloths or light tablecloths with dark napkins. I've attached a couple of images that I like, which indicate the two different looks. I was just wondering what people think? I think the dark linen would give a kind of boudoir feel to the room but the light linen is more weddingy.

Thank you! image

• Ooh both look good, but I like the top one its very dramatic great for an Autumn/winter wedding. Also the dark one would look amazing with loads of candles for an evening reception, very intimate.
  • BamalooBamaloo Posts: 1,048
    Sorry, I like the look of both 2 & agree with Katie the 1st one would look amazing for a wedding later on in the year!!!

Let us know which you choose!

xx
  • DH2DKDH2DK Posts: 410
    Thanks both of you image

Yes, that's the thing, the wedding is in April so it may look a bit odd! However the meal will be at approx 7pm and we are having candelabras and centrepieces with flowers inside and tealights around the base, so there will be lots of candles and the room itself isn't very bright so I feel it would all add to the atmosphere. We're going to the venue again in October so I think I may take a tablecloth with me and see how it looks.

• I prefer the second look, I think it's more wedding-y xxx
  • Second one. Damask lilac, white runner, aubergene napkins.

Thats the triple lush combination.
  • I love the 2nd one.... more crisp clean etc...

Could you change them to the dark ones in the evening to create more of a boudoir theme for the eveening do?? x
  • I like the first one, more dramatic and a bit different. x
  • 2nd one looks a lot more chic and expensive. If the top one isnt done well - It could look really bad. So 2nd is a safer option - and a lot more springy for April.
  • Both are gorgeous and I love the colour combination.

I think I would go with the dark for an autumn/wedding wedding and the light for a spring/summer wedding but at the end of the days its all down to personal preference isn't it? I'm having royal blue and white in October which is quite Spring-y really but I think they way we're doing it it'll work so I'm having it!
  • I think the second one. I have a thing for long rectangular tables and love the chairs in the 2nd one-I really hate chair covers! imageops:
    Yes I think I am leaning towards the 2nd one. The first one is what I would really like but I think I would be too worried that the whole look may go wrong.

Thank you for all the suggestions! image
    Well the venue is an 18th century country house hotel so it's very traditional and hopefully I'll be taking one of the dark tablecloths with me when we go next to see what it looks like.

It's also not a massive room and the walls are quite dark too, so the dark linen may make everything look a bit cramped, although I was thinking that lots of candles may work for a more boudoir look and we're only having 50 people so it's quite intimate.

What about if I had ivory chair covers with the darker look but with matching aubergine sashes? Or would that throw the whole thing off? image

• What colour are bridesmaids in? Second one is less likely to clash with any outfits xx
    Bridesmaids are in champagne image
  • Second one, without a doubt.

First one is way too dark and may clash with a great aunt.