My Wedding - Total Cost break down

Hey all,

Ok, so I'v been meaning to do this for a while. Im going to list what I spent on what in total and hope this can help brides on a budget. My Potential Budget was £3510. We used our disposable income from when we started planning in Sept 2010 until our wedding in April 2011 (we had 6 monthly pay days), we chose to do it this way as didn't want any debt to pay off and didn't want to eat into savings

Church

St. Wilfrids, West Hallam

Service - £444

Flowers - £70

Bells - £120

Venue

The Risley Park, Risley

Venue incl. bar Extension - £290

Buffet - £487

Welcome Drinks - £136

DJ - £120

Bride

Dress ~ Charlotte Balbier 'Thea' Ivory/Pewter - £300 Sample Sale

Veil ~ Rainbow Club - £70

Shoes ~ Pink Paradox 'Lipstick' - £70

Perfume ~ Gucci Flora - £40

Garter ~ £3

Hair ~ £25

Eyelash extensions ~ £50 (I would not have these again)

Bridesmaids

Dresses x3 ~ Oil (bought from ebay brand new) - £80

Flowergirls x2 ~ Freespirit (bought from ebay brand new) - £25

Cardi's x2 ~ Next - £32

Suits

Moss Bros 'Lingfield' x5 - £380

Grooms shoes - £70

Aftershave - £30

Flowers

Homemade ~ Sainsburys - £20

(made brides, 3x bridesmaids, 5x buttonholes)

Lingerie

Agent Provocateur 'Love' ~ from ebay brand new - £120

(the colour is much nicer in the flesh)

Stationary

Invites ~ Vista Print - £30

Homemade Seating Plan, Place Names & Table Numbers - £70

Photography

Hannah Millard - 8hrs unlimited pics + engagement shoot - £300

(over 600 pics received)

http://www.hannahmillardphotography.co.uk/

Disposable Cameras

Max Spielmann Free development - £40

Rings

Small white gold band for me & Large silver band for Hubby (he chose silver so if/when its damaged at work we can easily replace it) - £230

Free

Car - Friends Merc - £0

Cake - Auntys homemade - £0

Earrings - Xmas prezzy from Hubby - £0

Makeup - Did myself - £0

Venue Decor - MIL made/sorted - £0

Bridesmaids Shoes - Their own - £0

Total - £3552 £52 over budget image

(to see my wedding report go to http://www.youandyourwedding.co.uk/community/forums/thread/1500777?page=1 )

• dee2ukdee2uk Posts: 635 New bride
    wow, you did really well and it all looked stunning..great thread x
  • Katie8668Katie8668 Posts: 442
    Wow, you did really well. I wish we weren't spening so much.
  • soon2bmrswsoon2bmrsw Posts: 520
    wow you have done really well.

i cant believe how much your eyelash extensions were though thats shocking image

my budget is £5000 and im hoping to come in under budget if i can too. im making my own invites and order of service and cake.

congratulations on the wedding xx
  • MrsSaranneMrsSaranne Posts: 448
    Well done, we are of the same mind about wedding debt, the day we get married everything including the honeymoon will be paid for in full - no debt!! You look fab and I love the purple - we are having purple too!
  • m0nkeym00m0nkeym00 Posts: 841
    Thanks girls.

I know the eyelashes weren't worth it. They were supposed to last upto 8weeks, but had completely come out by 2weeks and so had mu own eyelashes image . Dont get me wrong they looked ok, a bit long for my liking (i had them to make my eyelashes thicker).
    Just to add (thank you for reminding me MissSaranne)

HoneyMoon

Egypt, 1 weeks AL 5* package - £400 p/p

Trip to 'Petra' Lost City, Jordan - £200 p/p

Total - £1200

We asked guest/family/friends to give money instead of a gift, if they wanted, for us to go on a Honeymoon.

We booked 2 days before we went, and it was Fantastic!

• MrsJ2011MrsJ2011 Posts: 117
    What about your rings? x
    Oooops

I knew there'd be something I forgot.

Our friend is a Jeweller and Gave us a fantastic wholesale discount. Rings cost £230 for both. I will add that into the report. So just over budget, Damn. Lol
    Just to make myself feel better about the £52 over spend, I saved £1585 by buying my dress in the sample sale, BM & FG dresses from ebay and the rings discount. So If I bought these at the original prices I'd still had the same wedding but at the total cost of £5137!! image
  • 11nov1111nov11 Posts: 366
    amazing!! your wedding is one of my fav looks ever!!
  • hazeldkhazeldk Posts: 40
    You look amazing and you got some great bargains. I thought I was a savvy shopper; but my wedding budget is still coming in at just under 10k (including honeymoon/stag/ hen/ spends)

Love your BM dresses. x
  • Brilliant and it was a great day too!! xx image
  • saraxitahsaraxitah Posts: 169
    lucky you! we r losing track on our budget
  • fantastic love the fact you only went £52 over well done. Your shoes are gorgeous & your bouquet looks fab. Did you have a link you followed? We are doing my bouquet so would be really interested x
  • This is amazing and really very helpful, I am trying to do my whole wedding for £3000 so it is good to see it can be done! Your photographer especially seems amazing, we are meeting with a potential photographer tomorrow but if that doesn't work out then I might well contact her myself! I am also amazed at the deal that you got on the dresses and the fact that you managed to get them matching, I am having purple bridesmaids dresses and need to get them for less then £50 and had sort of resigned myself to having dresses that didn't match (which wouldn't be a disaster considering our wedding will be quite informal) but yours look lovely, how did you manage to get them so cheap? Do you have any tips for me please? Thanks
  • do0obie_xdo0obie_x Posts: 833
    just read your report - omg you are such a gorgeous couple - your pictures are just incredible - so happy. can only dream ours turn out that beuatiful!

i hope u dont mind me asking how did you have your hair done? i am doing my own hair and i want curls just like yours!xxx
  • SAMMYDwasWSAMMYDwasW Posts: 303
    You have just proven you can do a high quality, elegant wedding at a bargain price.
    Quoted:
    amazing!! your wedding is one of my fav looks ever!!

Thank You, your comment made my day image
    Quoted:
    Brilliant and it was a great day too!! xx

Hello Abbey!!

Abbey was my MOH image
    Quoted:
    fantastic love the fact you only went £52 over well done. Your shoes are gorgeous & your bouquet looks fab. Did you have a link you followed? We are doing my bouquet so would be really interested x

No didn't follow any link. I knew I didn't want anything to fancy or structure, so bought some raffia in advance. It was a little risky, but we just went to sainsburys the day before the wedding, I knew they had had tulips in so hoping they still did, then just put them together lol. We did google'd 'tulip bouquets' pictures but there wasn't really any.

Sorry I cant help with a link, Im sure they'll be videos on youtube though.
  • MrsBreese2BMrsBreese2B Posts: 483
    Thanks so much for sharing this breakdown, is good o see how well yo did with the money I've been worrying about the spends, but you've inspired me that it can be one on a reasonable budget.

Thank you image
    Thank you to everyone else that has commented.

Im happy this has been helpful.

SoonToBeMrsWragg I know she has put her prices up now. We booked her at the beginning of the year, but she has been completely booked up and as a result has been able to put up her prices. She's still a good price though, £675 for unlimited coverage and and engagement shoot included. image
  • What a beautiful wedding!! You did SO well with your budget, everything looks so elegant image xx
  • Ah, the budget. The budget is a tricky beast, wouldn't you agree? Everyone who is contributing to it wants a say in how the funds are used, not to mention the fact that it has a funny way of rapidly expanding (much like my stomach after my recent purchase of six boxes of Girl Scout cookies...).