on a budget for wedding dress but want a nice one any ideas ?

on i tight budget for a wedding dress want a nice a-line but it where to find one under £500 that the most i wanna spend ideas

image image image image image image

• natandbennatandben Posts: 128
    Where are you based, I know of a lovely shop in Cornwall?! My friend got a dress from ebay for £35 - pronuptia stock being sold off due to them going into administration!
  • I got mine from Ebay, a Sottero and Midgely for £110. Never worn.
  • NowMrsMackNowMrsMack Posts: 2,535
    I bought mine brand new from a seller on the hitched wedding forum for £110 including p&p and a dress bag. It's worth constantly checking the forums to see whether or not there's anything suitable on there!!!
  • HisEssexgalHisEssexgal Posts: 900
    A friend of mine got a replica dress from Milly bridal in China, beautiful dress would have cost £1500 over here cost her £250 and couldn't fault it. xx
  • lindsayulindsayu Posts: 1,939
    You could also look at Nicholas Millington on very.co.uk or go into the bigger Debenhams stores that have bridal sections and see what types of things they stock?

Would also agree with others, look for sales in wedding shops, preloved, ebay, or find a dress you like and get it copied x
  • singo44singo44 Posts: 3,420
    I have a brand new wedding dress for sale. By sottero & midgley- in diamond White taffeta.

Asking for only £350. Its also on preloved, which sell lots of new dress too. All pics in swap & sale xx
  • lfoster3uklfoster3uk Posts: 241
    Mine came from ebay too, it's a Ronald Joyce Gown that had never been worn was being sold as the bridal shop had gone into administration, it cost me £136 ~(probably would have been less but in the last 5mins of the auction I got into a bidding war and the price went up and up, so be careful of that happening) Ebay is a fantastic place to start

x x
  • MrsBee2012MrsBee2012 Posts: 16
    Got a great one from sample sale
  • I've bought a Ronald Joyce bridesmaid dress in ivory for £310. Its style 29632 on the website in green but looks great in Ivory! Hope you find something in your budget xx
  • cebpickle1cebpickle1 Posts: 6,786
    Have a look at BHS too
  • mojojobiemojojobie Posts: 733
    georgiesmithhaust where do you live? I got mine from a shop in Winton.

I got my dress for £350 brand new!! Is actually a prom dress, but is ivory.

You wouldn't know to look at it that it's not techincally a wedding dress!! image
  • My Maggie Sottero was £500 from a sample sale image
  • kye83kye83 Posts: 582
    Hey, if you are in the north there is a bridal outlet in Northallerton. I got my dress which is an old sample but exactly what I wanted for £350. They had tons of choice there and I would say the average price was £300-£500 depending on what you want. Also I have tried on Maggie Sottero's in a sample sale at a local bridal shop and they were also under £500.

Good luck. I'm sure you'll find something. x
  • PeasnCarrotsPeasnCarrots Posts: 1,831
    Im in the same boat - probably going to get one from China x
  • louise0309louise0309 Posts: 212
    I am selling my Justin Alexander 8158 wedding dress and looking for £450. Its a big princess style, very beautiful and in great condition. Email me if you want details, [email protected]
  • KateykatKateykat Posts: 3
    Hi, I'm also in the same situation and I've been looking into buying one from China, but have heard mixed reviews about the quality of the dress. I would try going to smaller shops and asking for the sample dresses, or ebay.
  • Definately go for eBay! I got a brand new Alexia dress on there for under £500 and got to take it home the day I saw it image

what kind of style dresses have you been looking at? X
  • ashpo85ashpo85 Posts: 48
    I got mine from a shop that had gone in to administration and it was the last day they had to sell off stock so it was reduced from £1400 to £100. just look out for sample sales and adds in the paper for sales or companies that have gone bust.
  • MezCMezC Posts: 563
    Mine was £500 from Romantica of Devon.
  • chick-basschick-bass Posts: 563
    Mine was £395. Made by a dress maker in Newcastle.
  • if you wanna getting more Wedding Ideas then you need to visit at online Weddings Directory for getting more information on Wedding Resources like gettingmarriednews.com
  • shoe_gal_84shoe_gal_84 Posts: 769
    My tip would be to go wedding dress shopping - get the full experience and thoroughly enjoy it!

Then once you have found your dream dress, check out Ebay and other websites like Preloved and SellMyWeddingDress.

I did this and got my Benjamin Roberts dress that should have been £1000 for £445 and it's brand new!
  • baybii_smurfbaybii_smurf Posts: 173
    in leiceshire there's a wedding dress outlet where they sell new dresses from their designer for under £400.
  • Try pre loved, there's always ladies on there selling lovely wedding dresses for a fraction of the cost.

Failing that, try calling your local dress shops and ask them about sample sales.

I budgeted 1k for mine, and ended up buying a sample which was £380!!! image x
  • 1SmartBride1SmartBride Posts: 1,579
    I have a copy of maggie sottero florencia for sale for £200 size 16 but can be altered to a size 12-14. Its unworn, i just changed my mind and got a different dress.
  • The dress to be taken in our on ideas. Don't take dresses byget any ones ideas. so can select your own dress by intrest.this is my opinion about this questio. The is a big factor too to selct the dress. So don't make any mistake when purchacing a new one. The important thing is that the dress we are taken is well suited for ourself and don't make another to have a blame on it.........
  • FinallyMrsCFinallyMrsC Posts: 194
    The High Street can be a good place to start... I got my dress from Monsoon £200 (plus a little paid to a dressmaker to have it taken up) but I fell in love with it on first sight and everyone who I've shown it too (the select few!) have said they can't believe it's "off the peg".
  • MagentadazeMagentadaze Posts: 968
    I ordered a second dress from Aonel.com. The copies they do are amazing, fully lined and boned with loads of detail. The sizes are small though so check the size chart carefully.
  • minkymoolouminkymoolou Posts: 924
    Got mine from a independent bridal shop as a sample. It cost £299 - bargin! It's immaculate condition and fits pretty well too so only need minor alterations.