Forum home The wedding budget

On a hunt for jam/kilner jars, glass bottles, chemical beakers etc

For centerpieces/venue decoration (for holding flowers, tealights etc). Anyone know (other than ebay) a good place to find job lots of these on the cheap? We don't particularly want them to match, a hotch-botch would be perfect really.

Also is anyone else providing their own containers for flowers for centerpieces etc? What did your florist say?

• 1SmartBride1SmartBride Posts: 1,579
    Dunelm is brilliant and fairly cheap for these things. I bought some the other day and the kilner jars are about !.50 each.

You can find them on the website.
  • MrsCloMrsClo Posts: 637
    Thanks! But on the site they are nearly £2 each...
  • MrsCloMrsClo Posts: 637
    I know I can get them for £1 each at ikea and I was hoping to find them cheaper than that. image
  • 1SmartBride1SmartBride Posts: 1,579
    Quoted:
    Dunelm is brilliant and fairly cheap for these things. I bought some the other day and the kilner jars are about !.50 each. You can find them on the website.

it was supposed to say £1.50 each............
  • busyplanningbusyplanning Posts: 631
    We got ours from all over, the pound shop, poundstretcher - also try carboot sales and charity shops. You never know what gems you may come accross there image
  • cebpickle1cebpickle1 Posts: 6,786
    Do you have a warehouse discount store near you? they have lots for cheap
  • lfoster3uklfoster3uk Posts: 241
    Poundland have them in-stock at the moment, 3 different sizes and with regards to the chemical beakers, maybe ask the local school if they have any that they were going to get rid of over the summer and see if you can make a small donation to the school for them?