Forum home The wedding budget

Help with my DIY wedding invitations...

Hi Ladies

I love looking at all the different DIY save the dates and wedding invitations and started putting ideas together for my own but I have one question, has anyone ever used foil printing? Its making quite a big difference on the cost so I don't know whether to get it done or just print the inserts myself, the only prob is I have pearlised paper so I don't know whether the ink will actually stick.

Anyone with any ideas?

Thank you image

• natandbennatandben Posts: 128
    I used pearlised paper in mine and just used a normal laserjet printer and they came out fine. I'd print one and check whether it smudges but luckily none of ours did and look really good quality image
  • Thank you! Might use the one at work as it's def better then my one at home! Just ordered so many samples of pearlised paper and embellishments, think I am getting carried away!x
  • natandbennatandben Posts: 128
    image That's exactly what i did as the work one is excellent quality, a bit cheeky and difficult to do without anyone knowing but worth it image
  • Ms_NatalieMs_Natalie Posts: 1,997
    sounds lovely..I used a laserinkjet on thick 160gsm ivory card and they came out really well.

As others have said, just try one on the pearlised paper and go from there. image
  • Thank you! Will post a pic when I have made a fake one! x