How much did the florist charge to dress a candelabra?

Hi,

Is anyone having candelabra's with flowers?

I have bought my own candelabra's which were a bargain, and have asked two different florists how much these would be to have flowers on.. 1st couldnt quote me without seeing them, 2nd said from £30 depending on flowers...

However i'm not sure how much or less this includes as after googling costs, old posts on here suggest some brides have paid over £100!

What i want is a 'loose ball' of flowers in the middle of the arms with hanging down foliage? Any of you brides had or having this or something similar and how much did you pay or been quoted?

• Wenchy i have considered this with help from my Gran but i'm not sure if i can be bothered lol

If the florist is too epxensive i will probably have to though! image x

• Yeah i need 10 not including the top table, where did you buy your flowers? £50? I'm doing it! 

I think i have a decent eye for detail although this maybe be beyond my skills lol i do like the idea of knowing what theyll look like before the day- i hate to walk into the recpetion room and see crap flowers i'd paid a fortune for!

x

• hodgy-podgyhodgy-podgy Posts: 257

Mine were very similar and they cost 125 each, so we had a mixture of these and cheaper lower arrangements 

• Oh wow! definately have to have a try myself! Where in country are you if you don't mind me asking? x

• hodgy-podgyhodgy-podgy Posts: 257

Lancashire! So not an expensive area.

• MRMRS2014MRMRS2014 Posts: 1,279

Hi I am a florist and we normally would charge upwards of £40 for something like that depending on the flowers. We have charged £80-90 before but that was for quite big tight arrangements so it does differ quite a bit. Most florists wouldn't give you a quote without actually seeing what they are working with, I know I don't. It doesn't surprise me that some quote £100 upwards, they do take time to make and labour costs can sometimes work out dearer than flower cost x

• Thank you, if a florist were to use a wreath to dress with flowers (loose and drapped) and just pop over the candleabra would this be easier and ultimately cheaper? Also im thinking we could remove them at the end of night to give to guests? I would't want all those flowers to get left behind! x

• MRMRS2014MRMRS2014 Posts: 1,279

It is possible to use a wreath ring but I'm not sure it would be any cheaper. Have your candelabras got an arm in the middle like the one in the picture? I know you had quotes but did the florists actually tell you how they would do them and what they would use? x