Forum home The wedding budget

help with venue please!

Hi my fiance and i are really struggling to fid a venue we like that 'fits the bill' We have no particular budget but i am aiming around the 6k mark for the enire cost of the venue.

numbers wise its likely to be 70 day 100 evening (this depends on location though- if it is quite  distance we would probably scrap the additional evening guests)

i really want something like a barn/cottage/house rather than a hotel.
somewhere that will also do my civil ceremony.

the only gripe i have when looking at venues is- i HATE ugly carpets... (i cant help it! its the first thing i look at!) and i really would prefer something quite plain/classic...

I know i am asking for alot but if anyone has any suggestions that would be great!

• Have you looked at rivington barn in Bolton . I cant remember any horrible carpets when i looked round it ( im the same but its wallpaper and also awful toilets for me ) x

• nikki2505nikki2505 Posts: 289

My daughter got married at Sandhole Oak Barn near Congleton, Cheshire, and I can't praise it highly enough. It's a stunning venue with its own lake and you have the whole place to yourselves, there are also a number of rooms and a cottage for guest accommodation on site.  It has beautiful oak floors so no tacky carpet to worry about! We found the owners were lovely and couldn't do more for us. My daughter got married on a week day which was considerably cheaper, I'm not sure about prices for a Saturday. It does seem to get booked up a long way in advance though as it's really popular.

http://www.sandholeoakbarn-weddings.co.uk/your-perfect-day.html

• Jennie108Jennie108 Posts: 283

Hi,

As nikki2505 said, the Sandhole Oak Barn is beautiful!

We also looked at Heaton House Farm which had fabulous gardens and views out over Cheshire! x