Rsvp issues

We have been getting back our RSVPs and have noticed that a few people have noted a larger number attending than the original invite intended.  One or two overall wouldnt be an issue but there have been a few more than we expected. The concern is not only the cost issue but also the space issue. 

Any ideas on how to approach this problem? We dont want to offend the people invited and hoped that people would be more considerate of how many people are coming. 

• TadpoleTadpole Posts: 2,134 New bride

Do you mean that you invited X&Y and they have come back saying "X,Y and Z would love to attend?"

If so then I think that it is really just cheeky and very inconsiderate. I think you need to get in touch and explain the intention of the invite and that unfortunately Z isn't invited. I am guessing this is people including their kids who weren't necessarily included on the invite? Another part of having to have the awkward conversation is that those who come along as intended may question why certain kids have been invited when theirs aren't.... xx

• dclodgedclodge Posts: 8

Yes. A & B were invited but they stated that A, B, C, D & E would be attending! A call is probably in order.

• LeaMarieLeaMarie Posts: 723

You definitely need to put this cheekiness to an end and promptly!

• Spam88Spam88 Posts: 1,001

Yes definitely call them!  Just say something along the lines of "Really sorry, there seems to have been a misunderstanding. The invitation was only for you and Y.  Could you let us know whether you'll both still be able to make it?".

• RubyCatRubyCat Posts: 272 New bride

That's really rude. People must realise you can't do that.

• MrsNoelMrsNoel Posts: 486

You have a FEW people who have done this?! One of Mr N's aunts kept asking if she could invite this person and that, but at least she asked...

• BettybubbleBettybubble Posts: 33

Are C, D & E children of A & B?

• DollyDaydreamDollyDaydream Posts: 144

I invited my cousin Steve, and he sent me an email saying 'Lisa and I would love to attend your wedding'. Lisa is his girlfriend who I have never met. I was livid! I told him that if he wants to bring Lisa then they would have to come to the evening only as there's no room, so that's what they are doing. I only see him about once every two years anyway!

• Jod3sJod3s Posts: 56

I have the names on the invites and they're the ones invited. We aren't having children to the actual wedding but they will be invited to the evening. So I'm waiting for some arguments and hopefully a few declines haha x