Forum home The wedding budget

Downloadable invitations

Hi! :)

I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with downloadable wedding invites? I've seen so many beautiful designs on Etsy and similar websites however, i'm just not sure?

It seems like doing our invites this way would be cheaper. How much has it cost you for printing and paper etc? We dont need a huge amount of invites, we're having around 50 day and 100 evening guests.

Thank you! x

• mrspea2bemrspea2be Posts: 275 New bride

hi you have similar numbers to me, 55 in the day and 110 on the night. I used a wedding seller on ebay and has some beautiful printed invites for the day and the night it cost me £45 with envelops, ill look for a photo, siennamai invites , they have a good range to choose from, came with rsvp, menu cards, song request and guest info, she emailed me a copy to approve, then they were here in 2 days ! really nice quality and a lot of my guests have commented on how nice they are xx

imageimage

• MrsNolanMrsNolan Posts: 683 New bride

We made our own invites from scratch and it's ended up costing over £200 in total 

And printing was an absolute nightmare as not many printers like 300gsm card. I'm super happy with them though so I'll let that one go.

My advice would be if you can find someone good to print them for you, do that! Then maybe assemble them yourself to save a little money x

• RachaelpRachaelp Posts: 63

I've just done this with our save the dates and they have turned out lovely. I ordered them from a lady on Etsy. She sne me through a proof and when I said I was happy she sent them through as a pdf. 

I then ordered copies from vista print on card. This included envelopes and using a vistaprint code we had we ordered 60 copies. In total they cane to about £37.

If you're interested I could send you a picture of how they turned out?

• rlnxrlnx Posts: 46 New bride

Fab thanks girlies!

My uncle used to work for a printing company so i'm hoping he'll know someone who can print for us! :) I'm more than happy to do cutting and putting the invites together so fingers crossed it will work out a bit cheaper!

mrspea2be wrote (see post):

hi you have similar numbers to me, 55 in the day and 110 on the night. I used a wedding seller on ebay and has some beautiful printed invites for the day and the night it cost me £45 with envelops, ill look for a photo, siennamai invites , they have a good range to choose from, came with rsvp, menu cards, song request and guest info, she emailed me a copy to approve, then they were here in 2 days ! really nice quality and a lot of my guests have commented on how nice they are xx

imageimage

They are so beautiful! :D I'll have a look at her page on Ebay! Thank you! x

• SAKSAK Posts: 9

www.greetingsisland.com has lots of free downloadable templates you can edit and amen for free, you can also print them yourselves for free.

You only pay if you order them through the site to be printed. We live abroad so are doing e-invites only so this has cost us nothing!!

• VegasLouVegasLou Posts: 820 New bride

Hi, I got my downloadable card from an Etsy seller and Vistaprint have printed it for me. They should arrive today, very excited to see them! 

• MrsJamesMrsJames Posts: 406 New bride

I designed our invitations and used pda card and craft to print them. They were very reasonably priced. Cost £26 for 40 evening invitations and £55 for 50 day invitations and 150 inserts. They have a wide range of card to choose from too.

• Bab8687Bab8687 Posts: 21

We looked at the downloadable invites from esty but there was something we always wanted to change design wise. H2B designed them from scratch, took forever as he is a bit of a perfectionist, and we used printed.com for printing ( they are super helpful)...xx

SAK wrote (see post):

www.greetingsisland.com has lots of free downloadable templates you can edit and amen for free, you can also print them yourselves for free.

You only pay if you order them through the site to be printed. We live abroad so are doing e-invites only so this has cost us nothing!!

They have some really beautiful designs on there!!! e-invites, such a good idea!