What would be the best gift for a groom?

Please state ideas for the best gift for a groom. 

• HailsHails Posts: 2,455

Something non wedding related I reckon!

• AlisonMaryAlisonMary Posts: 210

I have started by hiring the car to take him to the ceremony. He thinks it's just a wedding car, but I have hired the trotter van for him because he is obsessed with OFAH. 

I have bought him cufflinks and had them personalised with a quote from Game of thrones - as that's "our" series. 

Tickets to see Dr Hook in October because we both like them

Planning on (funds dependent) getting him a telescope as he wants one. 

Socks. 

Personalised pint glass. 

A book about us - you can design and order these online. 

All will have a tag with an explanation on, so for example the Dr Hook tickets will say something like "Dating shouldn't end when we are married - I invite you to a date night to see Dr Hook on blah blah at blah blah o'clock" or something along those lines. 

• MrsJ2017MrsJ2017 Posts: 3,017

Mines getting a watch. He had one years ago that was broken and dead. It sat on our windowsill for years, he wouldnt fix it or bin it, so i binned it for him. He still thinks its because his ex bought him it for his 21st but really it was because it was broken and clutter 😂 Ive never heard the end of it.

So yeah, Im going to replace that! Best man is going to help me choose it because watches are not nice imo so I wouldnt have a clue which ugly thing was best.

Ill probably do him a little goody bag as well, and Ive got him some star trek cufflinks.

• Rach371Rach371 Posts: 1,122 New bride

Or maybe English Cufflinks you could tell us what your ideal present for a groom is instead of getting free consumer research?

I'm guessing you're not going to say a watch. 

• MissSMissS Posts: 267 New bride

I'm getting mine a pocket watch- he's got a gourgeous watch already but I think he'd love a pocket watch! May get him some cufflinks too!

• Laura765Laura765 Posts: 85

Mines not getting one (we've paid for the wedding ourselves so no brass). That said we treated ourselves to a new car as it was upgrade time so his present is he got the model he wants with the gadgets.

• Rach371 wrote (see post):

Or maybe English Cufflinks you could tell us what your ideal present for a groom is instead of getting free consumer research?

I'm guessing you're not going to say a watch. 

Hahaha busted xD